Main Menu

Shogun 2 Total War

Started by Martok, June 22, 2013, 04:23:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Silent Disapproval Robot

I steer clear of Darthmod as I find it too often breaks the late game portion of whatever TW title it's modding.

Sir Slash

I've had no problems with the techs in Darth/ Fots. You have to be at certain Modernization levels in order to build or do certain things and some buildings take away from the levels as well as affect public order too. Check your Modernization level & see if that's the problem. I've had an occasional crash with Darth but no other problems other than the damned, devious AI.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

mikeck

Yeah...Lol...that is the problem: modernization. My question is why? I cannot advance tech levels because I am not modernizing. The bar is either filled or empty but either way. It Ain't moving. I have built every possible building to increase my modernization but it won't advance to level two
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Sir Slash

I'm at a loss too. Maybe demolish any buildings that are subtracting from modernization. Or try a new game with a different faction and see if it repeats. I've really had no problems with techs vanilla or darth.  :-\
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Martok

Incidentally, I discovered how to make that big damn pause menu go away during battles:  A kind soul over at TWC informed me this is because I had the battles' Realism Mode box checked.  Oops! 


Sigh.  I'd love to be able to go just one day without embarrassing and/or making an ass of myself... 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

undercovergeek

Quote from: Martok on June 28, 2013, 03:30:23 AM
Incidentally, I discovered how to make that big damn pause menu go away during battles:  A kind soul over at TWC informed me this is because I had the battles' Realism Mode box checked.  Oops! 


Sigh.  I'd love to be able to go just one day without embarrassing and/or making an ass of myself...

that would be a sad day for the forum - i like that its here for us all to share our daily shame and humiliations

Gusington

If that's the worst way you're making an ass of yourself you're doing alright.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

I never knew that Martok. If you want some real Ass-Making lessons, I'm the man to go to. The thing about Shogun 2 is, how do you get that damned music out of your head?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Just a drop to cut the dust. 8)
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

mikeck

Quote from: Sir Slash on June 27, 2013, 10:07:03 PM
I'm at a loss too. Maybe demolish any buildings that are subtracting from modernization. Or try a new game with a different faction and see if it repeats. I've really had no problems with techs vanilla or darth.  :-\

Maybe I will just turn it off and on again...that's my only solution for electronic  related problems
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

jomni

#56
Oh Drat! Realm Divide has kicked in my current game (haven't gone this far in a while).  I plan to post regular updates in my blog and in this boards.

I think Realm Divide is a fine twist to Total War. People may hate it because it's tough but it sure makes for an interesting game.  And it makes so much sense during the Sengoku Era where rival lords are backstabbing each other while holding diplomatic relationships at the same time.

Nefaro

Quote from: jomni on August 31, 2014, 10:42:04 PM
Oh Drat! Realm Divide has kicked in my current game (haven't gone this far in a while).  I plan to post regular updates in my blog and in this boards.

I think Realm Divide is a fine twist to Total War. People may hate it because it's tough but it sure makes for an interesting game.  And it makes so much sense during the Sengoku Era where rival lords are backstabbing each other while holding diplomatic relationships at the same time.

It makes perfect sense to use it.  But the results of the vanilla Realm Divide is rather abrupt and nasty.  So much so that even your most steadfast and long-held allies turn against you in almost no time.  Even Nobunaga still had a few allied clans who stuck with him to the end IIRC. 

So I tend to use one of the mods that reduces the effect enough that the highest rated allies still have a possibility of staying allied, instead of losing all of them every time.

jomni

#58
My original daimyo has died in a big battle against the Ikko Ikki. Everyone hates me except for one long time ally who is about to turn against me.  Probably shouldn't waste money on him every month anymore and raise troops for the inevitable clash.

I am nearly complete with the victory conditions.   I have some 3 small vassals to act as buffers and trade partners.

Martok

Realm Divide as a concept never bothered me, but I've long felt its implementation was flawed.  It's always felt "gamey" in its unmodded form. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces