Graviteam Games Question

Started by JudgeDredd, July 05, 2013, 02:20:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Dolan50

Some friendly words of advice-

Gamersgate is probably your best bet when purchasing this game.

While other distributors may offer the game at give away prices,they sometimes only sell older versions of the game or DLCs that may or may not be able to be updated or patched correctly,and the distributors may not actively support the game with current updates.So basically,all you will get is what you bought.Nothing else.

Gamersgate usually has the most current versions of the game,DLCs,updates and patches.Your also able to download them from your library as often as you like.

While I'm not familiar with other distributors and how they support the game personally(I've always bought from GG) and what versions they sell,I am aware of some forum posters who complained about some of the problems I mentioned above and ended up having to repurchase the game or DLCs from GG to be able to get their game up to current status.
A Corporate Executive,a Democrat and a Republican walk into a room.The CEO walks in first and notices 10 cookies on a plate and pockets 9 of them,then turns to the Republican and whispers in his ear  and says "The Democrat is trying to steal your cookie".

MengJiao

Quote from: Dolan50 on July 09, 2013, 10:34:50 AM
Some friendly words of advice-

Gamersgate is probably your best bet when purchasing this game.

While other distributors may offer the game at give away prices,they sometimes only sell older versions of the game or DLCs that may or may not be able to be updated or patched correctly,and the distributors may not actively support the game with current updates.So basically,all you will get is what you bought.Nothing else.

Gamersgate usually has the most current versions of the game,DLCs,updates and patches.Your also able to download them from your library as often as you like.

While I'm not familiar with other distributors and how they support the game personally(I've always bought from GG) and what versions they sell,I am aware of some forum posters who complained about some of the problems I mentioned above and ended up having to repurchase the game or DLCs from GG to be able to get their game up to current status.

So if I got gamersgate APOS and applied that one patch -- would I be up-to-date with the Gaviteam tactics engine?

Dolan50

#32
I'm not certain.I bought my APOS over a year ago and have patched it and updated it from the 5.75 engine.
If you post a picture of your update screen and also a pic of current version and update shown in the upper right hand corner of the start screen.
I will be able to determine if you need to update or not.

This is a picture of my current updater and screen capture from start menu.
A Corporate Executive,a Democrat and a Republican walk into a room.The CEO walks in first and notices 10 cookies on a plate and pockets 9 of them,then turns to the Republican and whispers in his ear  and says "The Democrat is trying to steal your cookie".

WallysWorld

#33
Dolan, just to let you know that I have exactly the same version numbers as you; both for the DLC in the Game Updates and in the game's main screen.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

MengJiao

Quote from: WallysWorld on July 09, 2013, 11:55:13 AM
Dolan, just to let you know that I have exactly the same version numbers as you; both for the DLC in the Game Updates and in the game's main screen.

Maybe this includes the July 8 patch?  Which might be cumulative?

I'll try all that some time soon.

Dolan50

I haven't updated with the latest patch yet,so it may change the update status and build number on the start menu.
I live out in the sticks and get very poor reception from time to time and have to go into town to access high speed internet.I usually do that on the weekends if there is something I wish to download that is over 500 mb. :(

But what I have the game updated to now works fine and I'm in no hurry to patch to the next level unless it is necessary to add some new feature I would like for my game.
A Corporate Executive,a Democrat and a Republican walk into a room.The CEO walks in first and notices 10 cookies on a plate and pockets 9 of them,then turns to the Republican and whispers in his ear  and says "The Democrat is trying to steal your cookie".

WallysWorld

#36
Whoops! Didn't even know there was a July patch. I'm downloading it now. I'll post my version numbers once I've installed it.

Update:

http://graviteam.ua/help/download-patches.html

So after installing the "gtos_patch_march13d1_eng" July 8th file through the Game Updater and also installing the "gtos_cu_581c1_eng" May 20th executable, I get the following version changes:

In Game Updater:  the Game Update version is now at 4.07 (from 4.05)

and

In the game's main screen, the version is 5.81 (2170) Update mar.13d1

Everything else is the same as Dolan posted.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

republic

Steel Armor: Blaze of War is on sale at Gamersgate right now for $6.80  http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-SABW/steel-armor-blaze-of-war

jomni

#38
I just patched APOS to 4.07 and I get this on startup:

Critical error
002: An error has occurred while initializing objects

[ i_opgame:opgame -> i_lines2d:lines2d ]

Stupid me: I did not click save and play in the patch application the first time around.  I clicked on the start icon instead.

mikeck

I don't have any bugs with my pre patched version and am scared to try patching the game at this point. Why must it be so difficult? Can't they just make an auto patch exe? Anyway, no way I'm patching... Leaving it alone
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

MengJiao

Quote from: WallysWorld on July 09, 2013, 03:10:28 PM
Whoops! Didn't even know there was a July patch. I'm downloading it now. I'll post my version numbers once I've installed it.

Update:

http://graviteam.ua/help/download-patches.html

So after installing the "gtos_patch_march13d1_eng" July 8th file through the Game Updater and also installing the "gtos_cu_581c1_eng" May 20th executable, I get the following version changes:

In Game Updater:  the Game Update version is now at 4.07 (from 4.05)

and

In the game's main screen, the version is 5.81 (2170) Update mar.13d1

Everything else is the same as Dolan posted.

  That's where i am too...somewhere in a Russian counterattack during Fall Blau.   This is my current pick for Best Game Ever.

Dolan50

QuoteThis is my current pick for Best Game Ever.

It's my favorite wargame also.Still needs some tweaking in certain areas,but I still have lots of fun with it.
A Corporate Executive,a Democrat and a Republican walk into a room.The CEO walks in first and notices 10 cookies on a plate and pockets 9 of them,then turns to the Republican and whispers in his ear  and says "The Democrat is trying to steal your cookie".

Silent Disapproval Robot

Some new screens for the next Graviteam game, Mius Front.  I can't wait for this one.











And here's a Russian language video showing the SU-152 in action.

http://smotri.com/video/view/?id=v25138209a25

Jarhead0331

FWIW, Graviteam Tactics: Zhalanashkol 1969 has apparently been released.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


jomni

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on July 16, 2013, 08:48:22 AM
FWIW, Graviteam Tactics: Zhalanashkol 1969 has apparently been released.

Thanks for the heads up.