Off Topic: Front Office Football 7.0 Now available!

Started by Grim.Reaper, July 24, 2013, 08:38:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

BanzaiCat

It's not just you...the interface menu is hard to read, especially on the left side there...the menu I think, they tried to make look like a football field, and the red on the dark green background doesn't work for me at all.

I went for a draft start, stopped and backed out, then went for a game without a draft, controlling Houston. First preseason game is against Minnesota (heh-heh). At first I didn't think this was realistic as Arian Foster was stopped on first down for -1 yards, then stopped on 2nd down for no gain...but then on third down he ran for 17 yards. Where's the Purple People Eaters now? ;D

BanzaiCat

Oooo...don't like that I can't exit out of the game. It wouldn't let me exit the game/sim the remainder...I must be missing something, that can't be right. I had to go to Task Manager and close the process to get out of it.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on December 13, 2013, 07:41:30 AM
Oooo...don't like that I can't exit out of the game. It wouldn't let me exit the game/sim the remainder...I must be missing something, that can't be right. I had to go to Task Manager and close the process to get out of it.

I really never play out the games, just sim.  But looks like only way to sim the remainder is to increase the game sim speed to the fastest and let it play out.

Nefaro

I'm curious as to how well the sim engine is doing now, along with how well the AI manages it's roster.

Not currently in a sports manager gaming mode so I'll rely on you guys to give it a shakedown.

Arctic Blast

Early thoughts from the demo :

-I really like the calendar down the left side while running a franchise...but holy crap, the colour is threatening to burn holes in my retinas! Dark red on turf green does not equal easy readability. Good grief.
-Real coaching staffs...now there are 5 positions. The coach draft is a bit weird and is going to take some getting used to.
-Tight ends actually produce! It used to be that highly rated tight ends did next to nothing but suck up AI money. Now they spend A LOT more time on the field. I simmed through a year where the big boys (Graham, Gronk, Witten) put up the sorts of numbers you would expect them to.
-Long snapper is now a separate position.
-The starters playing time screen is streamlined and easier to use. Same with signing free agents, since there are now checkboxes for each guy you're going after that will automatically pull all other offers to players at that position if he signs.
-After simming through one offseason, the AI seems to do a better job of managing the cap and not overloading positions with 3, 4 or 5 starter-caliber players while ignoring glaring needs. A lot of veteran free agents now have to wait and get signed to 1 year deals during late free agency.

Nefaro


BanzaiCat

It's interesting that the NFL player names are all present, but the team names are not.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on December 13, 2013, 08:18:30 PM
It's interesting that the NFL player names are all present, but the team names are not.

Not sure if you knew, you can change the nicknames in the Edit Franchise Nicknames function and then when you start a game they will always be using the real names.  Only have to do this once.

BanzaiCat

I figured there must be a way to do that...I haven't gotten to heavily into the game yet unfortunately. I guess there's separate licensing for NFL team names and the NFL Player's Association. Regardless, still pretty cool. I like what I've seen so far, except that red-on-green text display.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on December 13, 2013, 08:43:13 PM
I figured there must be a way to do that...I haven't gotten to heavily into the game yet unfortunately. I guess there's separate licensing for NFL team names and the NFL Player's Association. Regardless, still pretty cool. I like what I've seen so far, except that red-on-green text display.

Just make sure to choose the edit franchise option BEFORE you start a new league so that it applies to every game going forward.  If you do it while you have a league loaded, it will only apply to the currently loaded league.

Steelgrave

Seems like there were some mods in the older versions of the game that allowed you to start drafting historical players as early as the 60's, play the season, then draft again according to position, rinse and repeat. Damned if I can find them now.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Steelgrave on December 13, 2013, 08:55:17 PM
Seems like there were some mods in the older versions of the game that allowed you to start drafting historical players as early as the 60's, play the season, then draft again according to position, rinse and repeat. Damned if I can find them now.

This references page maybe?  No idea if old mods work with new version or not.

http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/showthread.php?t=63429

Steelgrave

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on December 13, 2013, 08:57:09 PM
Quote from: Steelgrave on December 13, 2013, 08:55:17 PM
Seems like there were some mods in the older versions of the game that allowed you to start drafting historical players as early as the 60's, play the season, then draft again according to position, rinse and repeat. Damned if I can find them now.

This references page maybe?  No idea if old mods work with new version or not.

http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/showthread.php?t=63429

Yeah that looks right. Thanks. I'll play with this and see if it works. If not, I'm betting the modders will update it like they've done before.

Grim.Reaper

I have had a couple of crashes so far using the demo....don't recall that ever happening in the older versions.  Maybe the older program is not catching up nicely with newer systems/operating systems.  Most of the crashes have come when I have be simming games or exiting the game.

Hopefully not something I'll see all the time.....SAVE OFTEN.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on December 13, 2013, 09:09:24 PM
I have had a couple of crashes so far using the demo....don't recall that ever happening in the older versions.  Maybe the older program is not catching up nicely with newer systems/operating systems.  Most of the crashes have come when I have be simming games or exiting the game.

Hopefully not something I'll see all the time.....SAVE OFTEN.

Gosh darn it!  After last crash, my game is now saying my trial has expired and I can no longer use the demo!   I was really hoping to try it this weekend to determine if I wanted to purchase.