Homeworld 1&2 HD re-release

Started by mikeck, July 31, 2013, 09:04:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rayfer

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on August 01, 2013, 12:29:02 PM
I do not recall it being a flop at all when it came out.  the article you remember my have been talking about homeworld: cataclysm which did get an odd reception as it wasnt made by Relic.

Hmm....maybe you're right....could be my mistake.

Toonces

Are you maybe getting Homeworld mixed up with Masters of Orion?

I've never played either, but I've heard that Homeworld is a classic.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

mikeck

Well, I did find the Homeworld campaign too difficult...trying to make sure I competed my mission without losing too many ships. But I loved it anyway! Went right to skirmish and never looked back
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

GDS_Starfury

the trick to any HW campaign is to not rush around to much.  some levels are timed but most arent.  I once spent 2 days capturing every ship on The Bridge of Sighs.  while it took a long time 200+ free frigates were to good to pass up.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

SgtRock

More same old, same old,  just slap a new coat of paint on it and resell it. The software industry seems to resemble the used car market more more.

Windigo

Quote from: SgtRock on August 01, 2013, 05:32:22 PM
More same old, same old,  just slap a new coat of paint on it and resell it. The software industry seems to resemble the used car market more more.

you are obviously NOT a Homeworld fanbois, like Star and I .... even the music was great in that franchise

I loved moving the camera in close when I had a whack of salvage corvettes working together
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

GDS_Starfury

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Windigo

My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

jomni

Well I haven't played it before. So a remake may be a good time to get into it.

mikeck

I just Installed home world to with the complex 8.4 mod. Man I forgot how beautiful this game still is running at 1680 x 1050 resolution. Better graphics than almost any of the other space games out and released in the last 10 years. Kind of a pain to get it working on Windows 7 but there was separate file that you can download and replace your stock file with that allows it to work.
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

GDS_Starfury

mikeck

I have tried PDS...I prefer complex

GDS_Starfury

mikeck

Yeah...hardly..Lol. Actually, if I remember, I loved the ship movement in PDS but there were too many lasers and explosions for me. Plus I loved the crew management and resource gathering in complex

Mr. Bigglesworth

Good, I wanted to play these but somehow never got to them.
"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; "
- Shakespeare's Henry V, Act III, 1598