Spin Tires! We roll like this in Mother Russia!

Started by jomni, August 02, 2013, 09:24:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jomni

 Hey Euro Truck Simulator fans. Ever wanted to do off-road trucking?   The mud physics in this game looks amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=eTPWFPFNY8Q

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/358753914/spintires-the-ultimate-off-road-challenge

Gusington

We covered this in GARPA not too long ago. Did it reach goal?
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

jomni


Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

jomni

#4
It's out on Steam!!!  And I'm having a hard time driving in the mud.  :buck2:




Note:  The polka background music does not come with the game.

JudgeDredd

Is that all this is - driving through woods? If so - I'd be very concerned this is eventually going to be like watching paint dry.

The physics look good - I'm just not sure of the content and how it would hold me
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

jomni

#6
Quote from: JudgeDredd on June 15, 2014, 02:31:41 AM
Is that all this is - driving through woods? If so - I'd be very concerned this is eventually going to be like watching paint dry.

The physics look good - I'm just not sure of the content and how it would hold me

There are pick up and delivery missions like Euro Truck Sim.  There are several maps to choose from but quite small in scale.
You have a garage where you can change the configuration and attachments to your truck.  Fuel tanks, wheels, "repair points", cranes, wood trailers, etc.
When your truck runs out of fuel in the wilderness, you switch to your tanker truck and drive to the stranded truck to give fuel.
When your truck gets stuck in the mud, you send another truck to winch it out.
You send a repair truck to fix damage. 

There's supposed to be a bunch of Russian trucks to unlock.  So far I am having trouble with even in the first mission.  Have to restart it a lot of times as I learn the game.

Yes.  I'm also concerned about the longevity of this one but getting from point A to B seems to take forever in the rough terrain.  So it may take a while to fulfil all the missions.
There's mutiplayer so wonder how that works.  Maybe you can go and help out stranded trucks but my fear is that people will just do annoying stuff.


JudgeDredd

I'm just worried where it might get like Take On Helicopters.

I know a few people liked it - maybe a lot - but I found it rather bland and the missions were just "there"...nothing really inspiring tbh.

I didn't get too far into TOH, so I could be a bit overly harsh there
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

jomni

Quote from: JudgeDredd on June 15, 2014, 05:29:21 AM
I'm just worried where it might get like Take On Helicopters.

I know a few people liked it - maybe a lot - but I found it rather bland and the missions were just "there"...nothing really inspiring tbh.

I didn't get too far into TOH, so I could be a bit overly harsh there

I understand.  I also didn't really get into TOH.

bob48

I've been following it for a while, and really thought it looked OK. I take it though there are no 'inside-the-cab-driving' views, only outside views, or am I wrong?
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

jomni

Quote from: bob48 on June 15, 2014, 09:07:53 AM
I've been following it for a while, and really thought it looked OK. I take it though there are no 'inside-the-cab-driving' views, only outside views, or am I wrong?

only outside view

Jarhead0331

1. Spintires looks really good and conceptually is very unique. However, it is extremely difficult and sometimes progress is very slow. It will be hard for most casual players to stick with it for long, before giving up in frustration.  However, if the mud physics could be applied to a game like Steel Armor or SBPro PE, you'd have something really spectacular.

2. I didn't like ToH at first either. However, I recentl fired it up again with a new flight mod and it is much better now. I'm really enjoying flight now and having a lot of fun.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Nefaro


Gusington

Still intrigued by this. My backlog is prohibitive though...
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd