Spin Tires! We roll like this in Mother Russia!

Started by jomni, August 02, 2013, 09:24:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

undercovergeek


Staggerwing

There's this stuff you can take for that. It's available in powder or pill form but you shouldn't leave the house w/out extra underwear for at least 8 hours after a dose, just in case...
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Toonces

I dunno, this looks sort of fun for only 10 clams.  And it's early access, so more features are planned, right?  I think it's worth a look.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Apocalypse 31

Quote from: JudgeDredd on June 15, 2014, 05:29:21 AM
I'm just worried where it might get like Take On Helicopters.

I know a few people liked it - maybe a lot - but I found it rather bland and the missions were just "there"...nothing really inspiring tbh.

I didn't get too far into TOH, so I could be a bit overly harsh there

Oh my god!!!!!

I just stopped playing ToH. Easily, the worst mission design I've ever seen.

jomni

#20
I just performed my first successful winching operation to get a vehicle out of the mud.

Jarhead is right. You need to be interested in the subject matter to like this game. Everyone else would just find this boring.

Nefaro

#21
I used to go "muddin" off-road after work, in the wee hours of the morning, with some friends.  Found the edge of some mysterious gov't location with huge fences possessing dire trespassing warnings, running right to the edge of the Missouri River.  Even had some heavily tinted and unmarked car chase us out of some old cemetery near one odd looking facility in a clearing there at 5 AM.   ???
But we mostly got very hammered and occasionally stuck in some nasty situations requiring serious winching.  To me, it was just a moving party, but a couple of them took it quite seriously.  You would have to, with the investments they put into their trucks. ;D

jomni

#22
Just learned another new trick.  Rocks are bad.  And most especially the big rocks which can embed themselves under deep mud.  Your truck can easily get stuck on a strategically paced rock that you can't see, in narrow passages and deep mud.  Some trucks can carry a crane attachment.  You can use the crane to move the rocks out of the way.  O0

Wonder why there are paths not touched by vehicles?  The ones between trees and bushes?  Not only is there little space to move, the ground can be soft where big and heavy vehicles would easily sink and get stuck.

JasonPratt

I saw Spintires this weekend, too, and put it on the wishlist, but no way am I paying early access for this (even at only $10).

Still, I can hear some interesting strategic development going on. First, send a lightweight capable scout to mark out problems, then send problem solvers, then send the actual transport.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JudgeDredd

Well $10 is about £7 - but that's not the price I saw on Steam...the price I saw was £19.99 which is more like $30.

I may well have sprung £7 for it!
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

skeptical.platypus

In Soviet Russia, tires spin you!

No, wait a minute. That's physics, not Soviet Russia.
The Law of Unintended Consequences, Seattle Pride Variant: The only city on the planet that can guarantee your purchase of recreational marijuana is from a stoner making $15/hr.

jomni

Quote from: JasonPratt on June 16, 2014, 08:46:34 AM
I saw Spintires this weekend, too, and put it on the wishlist, but no way am I paying early access for this (even at only $10).

Still, I can hear some interesting strategic development going on. First, send a lightweight capable scout to mark out problems, then send problem solvers, then send the actual transport.

Wooo. thats nice.  I do have a UAZ.