Have you Pre-Ordered Europa Universalis IV?

Started by republic, August 03, 2013, 05:17:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

republic

I plan to, but I haven't yet.  Waiting on Payday and a stubborn fetus...

bbmike

I did. I've played EU3 but not a lot. I really like the game and plan to play EU4 a lot more. I also like that CK2 games can continue over into EU4. That'll make me want to play CK2 even more!
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Staggerwing

I'll probably pre-order as well. Soon. Maybe tonight. Maybe after I get myself a Dogfish Head IPA from the fridge...
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

tgb

Not yet, but I probably will.

The best deal can be found at Greenman, where you get a choice of a $10 credit or $7 cash back off the $39.99 price. I just hope they don't run into the issue of not having enough Steam keys as they have on pre-orders in the past.

I tried going back to III in anticipation, but as someone else posted, just couldn't after CK II. There is a demo coming out, and they are shooting for some time in the next week, so if it holds up there will still be time to get in on the pre-order goodness.

Arctic Blast


Staggerwing

I got my ale and then I pre-bought the game on Steam. I got the Extreme Digital version (or whatever it's called). BTW, if you have any other EU games on steam it gives you 10% off! Regular game ends up $35US and extreme is $40. Release date appears to be Aug 13.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Kushan

I have not pre-ordered yet, but I'm going to. not sure when. Not it any real hurry since it doesn't unlock until the 14th. If it had a pre-order beta I'd do it instantly.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

steve58

Yes, I preordered.  I did like Staggerwing and preordered on Steam..I already had EUIII so got the additional 10% off.

p.s. If you preorder, you can pickup several free DLCs and also a free copy of Crusader Kings II.

http://www.europauniversalis4.com/buy
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Yskonyn

"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

jomni

#9
I don't like the idea that there are so many small DLCs planned.  Are they must-haves?
What the heck, I bought it. :P

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: jomni on August 04, 2013, 06:26:30 AM
I don't like the idea that there are so many small DLCs planned.  Are they must-haves?
What the heck, I bought it. :P

I'll likely be pre-ordering sometime this week myself....as for the DLC, there likely will be a ton like CKII, but as we all know they go on sale regularly and if patient, you can really pick them up for close to nothing:)

jomni

I haven't been up to date with my CK2 DLCs. :/

Grim.Reaper

#12
For those of you who haven't pre-ordered yet, GameFly has a good deal in getting 20% off the game, cheapest I have seen it (Greenmangaming does offer some cash/credit discount too).  For the digital extreme edition, just cost me $35.  If you buy the standard edition, will cost you roughly $31.  Since it is a steam game, does not really matter where you order from.  The pages also indicated fully entitled to all pre-order bonus.  No idea how long the discount is available for, unless the title of it implies August 20th, but no idea.  Decided to not chance it and picked it up right away:)

USA Code = GFDAUG20   
UK Code = GFDAUG20UK

Rest of the world, likely out of luck:)

Extreme - http://www.gamefly.com/Download-Europa-Universalis-IV-Digital-Extreme-Edition/5006017/
Standard - http://www.gamefly.com/Download-Europa-Universalis-IV/5006015/

tgb

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on August 04, 2013, 09:15:49 PM
For those of you who haven't pre-ordered yet, GameFly has a good deal in getting 20% off the game, cheapest I have seen it (Greenmangaming does offer some cash/credit discount too).  For the digital extreme edition, just cost me $35.  If you buy the standard edition, will cost you roughly $31.  Since it is a steam game, does not really matter where you order from.  The pages also indicated fully entitled to all pre-order bonus.  No idea how long the discount is available for, unless the title of it implies August 20th, but no idea.  Decided to not chance it and picked it up right away:)

USA Code = GFDAUG20   
UK Code = GFDAUG20UK

Rest of the world, likely out of luck:)

Extreme - http://www.gamefly.com/Download-Europa-Universalis-IV-Digital-Extreme-Edition/5006017/
Standard - http://www.gamefly.com/Download-Europa-Universalis-IV/5006015/

Comes up $39.99. for me, and I don't see anyplace to enter the code.

Grim.Reaper

#14
Quote from: tgb on August 04, 2013, 09:56:53 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on August 04, 2013, 09:15:49 PM
For those of you who haven't pre-ordered yet, GameFly has a good deal in getting 20% off the game, cheapest I have seen it (Greenmangaming does offer some cash/credit discount too).  For the digital extreme edition, just cost me $35.  If you buy the standard edition, will cost you roughly $31.  Since it is a steam game, does not really matter where you order from.  The pages also indicated fully entitled to all pre-order bonus.  No idea how long the discount is available for, unless the title of it implies August 20th, but no idea.  Decided to not chance it and picked it up right away:)

USA Code = GFDAUG20   
UK Code = GFDAUG20UK

Rest of the world, likely out of luck:)

Extreme - http://www.gamefly.com/Download-Europa-Universalis-IV-Digital-Extreme-Edition/5006017/
Standard - http://www.gamefly.com/Download-Europa-Universalis-IV/5006015/

Comes up $39.99. for me, and I don't see anyplace to enter the code.

You enter the code during the checkout process which then takes the 20% off.  It is near the last step before submitting the order.  Here is an example screenshot using the standard version.  Original prices is $39.99, but after code applied it goes down to $31.99.