New Game Upcoming from War of Roses Maker? Alpha Access

Started by Grim.Reaper, August 03, 2013, 11:24:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Grim.Reaper

Saw this, looks like some kind of announcement for their next game and you can try and get alpha access.....if I sign up five folks, I would be guaranteed:)  So if your interested, would appreciate you using the link below to get me in as my curiosity is peaked:)

http://signup.waroftherosesthegame.com/r/ypuce7h77m

Toonces

Gotcha covered bruddah.    8)

Here's mine, so if 4 more of you take care of our boy Grim you can hit mine:
http://signup.waroftherosesthegame.com/r/vtebr8puql

I did a bit of reading on the various forums.  The consensus seems to be Vikings next.  One person proposed 1066 which had a bit of everything and that makes sense to me.

Either way, I'm sure I'll be buying in.  I think I got something like 60 hours out of WotR.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Toonces



We'll have to get Staggerwing to weigh in...he's all into this sort of stuff.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Toonces on August 04, 2013, 12:54:00 AM
Gotcha covered bruddah.    8)

Here's mine, so if 4 more of you take care of our boy Grim you can hit mine:
http://signup.waroftherosesthegame.com/r/vtebr8puql

I did a bit of reading on the various forums.  The consensus seems to be Vikings next.  One person proposed 1066 which had a bit of everything and that makes sense to me.

Either way, I'm sure I'll be buying in.  I think I got something like 60 hours out of WotR.

Thanks!

Staggerwing

Quote from: Toonces on August 04, 2013, 12:55:48 AM


We'll have to get Staggerwing to weigh in...he's all into this sort of stuff.

Hmm...

1--Two headed raven (or one raven superimposed over another)

2--Serpent- themed gripping beasts

3--broadsword with lobed pommel

4--Entire emblem shaped like a pennannular brooch (cloak pin) with the sword as pin.

Yep, Vikings (or, at least Viking-age).
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

LongBlade

Quote from: Staggerwing on August 04, 2013, 07:15:32 AM
Quote from: Toonces on August 04, 2013, 12:55:48 AM


We'll have to get Staggerwing to weigh in...he's all into this sort of stuff.

Hmm...

1--Two headed raven (or one raven superimposed over another)

2--Serpent- themed gripping beasts

3--broadsword with lobed pommel

4--Entire emblem shaped like a pennannular brooch (cloak pin) with the sword as pin.

Yep, Vikings (or, at least Viking-age).

The two ravens was the tip off for me. Agreed.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Toonces

I haven't played WotR in ages, but this thread inspired me to boot it back up.   I played a few hours last night.  Still a fun game and looks great; I prefer it to Chivalry for sure. 

It still corrupts my graphics about every 4 matches or so, so I have to restart the game.  Still it's fun.  I'm sure I'll be jumping into the Viking game.

I really, really wish they would flesh out a single player component, though.  I know they won't, but I do wish they would.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

LongBlade

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

LongBlade

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Staggerwing

Well, I signed up as well so if the guys ahead of me are all set then whoever still wants to register help me get my five and click this:

http://signup.waroftherosesthegame.com/r/qv3kflonxi
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

TheCommandTent

Hmm it is hard to resist something with Vikings ...  What is going to set this game apart from War of the Rose and the like?
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Staggerwing

It has Vikings.

Was there something else it needed?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Silent Disapproval Robot

Well it should try to do something that War of the Roses didn't and, you know, not be boring as hell to play.

jomni

You know what it needs?  Players! Wotr is a bloody ghost town.