Space Hulk Has Emerged From Warp! (Is this gonna be another bug hunt, sir?)

Started by JasonPratt, August 10, 2013, 10:15:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

LongBlade

Quote from: Tpek on August 15, 2013, 01:32:48 PM
Quote from: Gusington on August 15, 2013, 01:31:48 PM
You're playing right now??

I "played" some minutes ago.
It's out already in case you didn't know.

I also saw another Groghead playing it.

I bought it and played it through the intro scenario. Maybe 20 minutes.

Didn't notice any huge bugs.

Fun? Too early to tell. My initial reaction was that this was OK, but I kept hoping for more toys. Probably will unlock stuff like flamers in coming games.

Here I'm blowing away a Genestealer with my storm bolter.

I'll let JH do the honors of giving further impressions. I see potential. I liked it. Wasn't immediately addicted but I am going back for more.

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Tpek

So it's just me who is unlucky enough to consistently encounter them?

LongBlade

Quote from: Tpek on August 15, 2013, 03:19:26 PM
So it's just me who is unlucky enough to consistently encounter them?

I may not have played long enough to uncover any. Will let you know if I see something.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Jarhead0331

Artistically, the thing I do not like is that the Space Hulk looks too damn clean.  For a derelict ship that has been adrift for SIX HUNDRED YEARS, you'd expect everything to be a little less...you know...polished.

...and yes, you can all derelict, my balls.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Grimnirsson

Homefront Wargame Center - supporting our hobby!

www.homefrontcenter.de

bob48

Just finished mission 3 with no bugs. Weapons so far include assault cannon, heavy flamer and thunder hammer.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Huw the Poo

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on August 15, 2013, 03:22:30 PM
...and yes, you can all derelict, my balls.

I don't know what it means to derelict your balls but I want to try!

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


bob48

Huw, aint you had enough trouble in that department already? Give yer goolies a rest me ol' mate.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Gusington

You do NOT want to derelict anyones balls.

One 'bug' I've caught so far is that my desktop shortcut is just a blank white space. That's kind of annoying.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Con

Ughhh the tip to save a few action point to unjam the bolters was a little late!

Total wipe on the first try

Con

JasonPratt

Aside from some minor sound and graphic glitches, no bugs on my play through the 2nd tutorial mission. Yes, the toys start unlocking quickly, but this is a methodical slow game. The movement and other instructions could stand to be a lot clearer ingame, which I suspect lends the impression of bugs. Undoing a movement order does not restore general command points for example (although that might actually be a bug).

To me the Hulk hallways look dirty and nasty and ruined inside, with trash all over the floor. Moreso than in the original computer adaptation anyway.

Sound effects are strangely not as tense as in the original computer game. Not sure why, but I suspect it comes down to:

1.) not as many (or any?) distant growls

and

2.) the turn-based nature naturally leeches visceral tension.


The shoulder-camera is purely graphical fluff and can be safely eliminated.

It is indeed Space Hulk. Some practical differences from the original computer adaptation but I don't know whether some of those are bugs or closer to codex (with differences due to which rule-set the games are using, whether fire always autokills 'stealers for example. In the original computer game, yes; here, not always.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!