Light the Night 2013

Started by Smuckatelli, August 15, 2013, 09:53:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Staggerwing

Ok, done.

BTW, Smuck- you sound a wee bit like Colin Powell...
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Smuckatelli

Quote from: Staggerwing on October 05, 2013, 07:41:53 PM
Ok, done.

BTW, Smuck- you sound a wee bit like Colin Powell...

Thanks Stagger......

Here's the bet:

So...Tomas and I put a bet on the video. If there are less than 10 likes by tomorrow morning....I have to put my head in a dumpster. If there are more than 10 likes...Tomas has to serve Anna breakfast in bed next Saturday.

Staggerwing

Ha! with this crowd I think it would have been better to have left the bet unmentioned!
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

LongBlade

Quote from: Smuckatelli on October 05, 2013, 07:30:42 PM
Tomas really likes the 'video' of the radio commercial. He came up with a weird...12 people looking at it by the end of the week. I think we could get more than 12. If you could like it and post your location, that would be appreciated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkFTkZXPos4

Reposted to FB.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Smuckatelli

Quote from: Staggerwing on October 05, 2013, 07:53:35 PM
Ha! with this crowd I think it would have been better to have left the bet unmentioned!

Good point......

They did pull through though, he had 110 views this morning.....he'll be serving breakfast in bed to Anna and mom next Saturday.


Smuckatelli

Staggered Wing....

Tomas sends his thanks.  ;)

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Smuckatelli

Six days until Tomas leads us on his 7th Walk. If you are going to donate; now is a good time.

http://pages.lightthenight.org/va/Frdrcksb13/tomas

On Tuesday Tomas & Anna will be on a radio talk show from 08:00-09:00 EDT:

http://player.liquidcompass.net/WFVAAM

They spent 3 hours outside of a grocery store Friday after school, the attached picture is from that event. Lessons learned from that event:

"Lessons learned from the donation table at Giant: there are many people touched by blood cancer. There was a lot of talking, hugs, tears, and inspiration. There are so many stories that were shared, that need to be shared. Most of Team Tomas donation drives have been a 'drive by' people quickly donate and go on with their lives.

Today was different, people actually stopped and shared their lives when they realized that Tomas had leukemia and that he and his sister have been so active in fund raising. There is an employee at the store that was just diagnosed recently. His sister mentioned this and Tomas went in to check on the man, basically Tomas is living proof that you can survive. Once we finished all of us went in to talk to the man. A very humbling experience hanging outside of a grocery store. On a fund raising note; Tomas and Anna want to do at least 2 of these drives next year."


Smuckatelli


LongBlade

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Smuckatelli

My video editing skills really needs work.

Here's the radio talk show from this morning. It is about 33 minutes long I ended up putting pictures of the various Light The Night Walks that Tomas & Anna have participated in since 2007.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6BPjeEpXqU&feature=youtu.be

Smuckatelli

Thanks Bison, I'll pass to Tomas when he gets home from school.

Smuckatelli

LB, Tomas sends his thanks. He is a little disappointed that you guys won't be there......guess I'll have to sharpen my knife.... :o

LongBlade

Quote from: Smuckatelli on October 17, 2013, 09:49:23 AM
LB, Tomas sends his thanks. He is a little disappointed that you guys won't be there......guess I'll have to sharpen my knife.... :o

Us, too. It's cold and rainy here today - much like or first walk. We all wish we could be there.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Smuckatelli

He just reached 70% of his goal!   :)