What's better than Friday? A three day weekend!

Started by MetalDog, August 30, 2013, 06:06:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nefaro

Quote from: Slick Wilhelm on August 30, 2013, 08:50:13 AM
I'll be continuing the grind towards my T-95 in World of Tanks, and getting into my first real game of Victoria II: Heart of Darkness.

I just picked up the Heart of Darkness expansion on the Amazon sale.  After purchasing the wrong (Steam) version first.  >:(

EU4 will still likely be more enjoyable for me, but I'll eventually check out Vic2:AHD since most say it's what Vic2 should've been in the first place.

Anguille

Haven't played anything last weekend and very little this week. Not much time and when i have, i am usually tired.

So little plans and i'll be happy if i manage:

- Some Blitzkrieg Rolling Thunder- Armada 2526 Supernova pbem

And, if i fine time and energy, some Hegemony Gold.

Oh, and i will continue my Populus Romanus campaign on my tablet while my son will be doing gym tomorrow morning...

PanzersEast

I finished Warhammer 40K Space Marine finally..... for this weekend I hope to get to a few of these.......

FSX - couple of flights probably
Battle of Britain II - Starting my opening attack
EU IV - Ottoman Campaign
Dominions 3 - Started learning the game
Skyrim - need to finish it
HOI III - Started a Germany Campaign
Distant Worlds - Have not played and am lost again started new game
CK II - Waiting for Elder Kings Mod release


Setting on standby:

STALKER - Misery Mod try out
Shogun Total War II
X3
Wargame AirLand Battle


PE



Sir Slash

I need 2 more cities to win my ETW campaign as Russia. If the house's quiet this weekend, that's what I'll do. If it's not quiet, then it'll be Skyrim because I don't need to think to play it. Just kill stuff. The funny thing about every TW game I play now is, all the troops are starting to look like little Roman legionaries. I don't know what that's all about. :o
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

MengJiao

Quote from: Tuna on August 30, 2013, 06:35:27 AM
Definitely a lot of Flight Sim X and DCS (finally got it working activation wise - lost some activations in the process, and never did get a response from their held desk 10 days ago. so they failed that test - where battlefront replied the next day - still not happy with either's DRM)

Probably continue my Civ V and Shogun 2 games.... Trying to resist the Rome 2 pressure!
Hope to get a Warlock session in with Tent and MD.. Or one of the other MP games that needs to be 'continued'.

Happy Labor Day all!

Sounds good.  Trying not to think about Rome II so that should be RoP as the Prussians (the Austrians had a bad winter of 1758 and seem to have more or less vanished) ARMAIII, Shogun2 and a small Command-at-Sea campaign (boardgame -- the way I play it anyway).

smittyohio

Some Mass Effect 3 and some old school Warcraft 3

I'm hoping to get started on my coaching career in the latest NCAA Football game.

Jarhead0331

Whomever made the decision to release Rome II AFTER the three day weekend, rather than BEFORE, should be dragged out into the street and shot.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on August 30, 2013, 01:16:42 PM
Whomever made the decision to release Rome II AFTER the three day weekend, rather than BEFORE, should be dragged out into the street and shot.

+1.  I was thinking the same thing.  What were they thinking!  Especially since the pre load was done so early, the game certainly could have been released:)

bayonetbrant

they wanted to make sure you spent some time with your family at the cookout this weekend, instead of holed up in the Grogbunker gaming the entire time.

somewhere there's a game designer's spouse who said "y'know honey, you really need to release it on Tuesday, like they do with new DVDs!"
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

tgb

I don't think it's a 3-day weekend anywhere but here.  Do they celebrate Labor Day in other countries?

Sir Slash

I predict a record number of sick call-ins next week in response to a previously unheard of illness--- The Roman Flu. 8)
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Nefaro

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on August 30, 2013, 01:16:42 PM
Whomever made the decision to release Rome II AFTER the three day weekend, rather than BEFORE, should be dragged out into the street and shot.

Creative Assembly can be a cruel mistress at times.

Huw the Poo

Having just picked up Euro Truck Simulator 2 in the current Steam sale, I think I'll have a proper bash at it over t'weekend.  Might play some Dota 2 as well, of course. :)

Quote from: tgb on August 30, 2013, 02:06:34 PM
I don't think it's a 3-day weekend anywhere but here.  Do they celebrate Labor Day in other countries?

I haven't the foggiest notion what it is.

BanzaiCat

Well frak me running. Aliens: Colonial Marines is on sale for 4.99 on Steam. I know that game sucks harder than a Star Fleet Battles Gorn homing plasma torpedo, but dammit, I'm sorely, sorely tempted!

Huw the Poo

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on August 30, 2013, 04:12:49 PM
Well frak me running. Aliens: Colonial Marines is on sale for 4.99 on Steam. I know that game sucks harder than a Star Fleet Battles Gorn homing plasma torpedo, but dammit, I'm sorely, sorely tempted!

Yeah, I sort of am too.  I was never going to pay full price after the critical mauling it received, but I'd pay £3.49 for a bit of mindless violence in the Aliens universe.