What's better than Friday? A three day weekend!

Started by MetalDog, August 30, 2013, 06:06:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

BanzaiCat

What the hell...like I need more distractions this weekend. Anyway, I bought both Colonial Marines and Ace Patrol. Thanks for the recommendations on AP, guys. Colonial Marines might be worth five bucks, but definitely not fifty!

Gusington

^Man I am just about to buy Colonial Marines too. 4.99 is just too low to resist.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

-budd-

Quote from: Gusington on August 30, 2013, 07:02:36 PM
^Man I am just about to buy Colonial Marines too. 4.99 is just too low to resist.

I'm thinking about it because of my FPS fetish. The AI is supposed to be really bad along with alot of graphical errors . I read the patch addressed a few of these things......what i need is for one of you to buy it....play it.....and report back ;D. My back log of FPS games is long but distinguished....won't be able to shorten it until the broken thumb heals.

Since i spent all week modding the first 3 CM games to death i should[must play sang froid] probably play [must play sang froid]them. I'll probably start on CMETO [isn't there a sale with shiny new games] somewhere around carentan. Of course my fantasy football draft is tomorrow...so probably won't be in good shape sunday for much of anything except recovery gaming ;)
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Gusington

You have a borked thumb from FPSs? That is hardcore.

I bought it and it is loaded but I won't be able to play until The Wife falls asleep in about an hour.

Until then I am going to watch Alien 3.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Silent Disapproval Robot

Quote from: Gusington on August 30, 2013, 07:35:04 PM
You have a borked thumb from FPSs? That is hardcore.

I bought it and it is loaded but I won't be able to play until The Wife falls asleep in about an hour.

Until then I am going to watch Alien 3.

You sick, twisted masochist. 

-budd-

Quote from: Gusington on August 30, 2013, 07:35:04 PM
You have a borked thumb from FPSs? That is hardcore.


hahahahaha......no, that would be a better story than just having a very heavy door close on it, which it did. Just too bad it was the right thumb...thats my jump, duck digit. Looking forward to feedback on the game.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Toonces

I'm pretty sure Jarhead enjoyed Colonial Marines well enough. 

As for my gaming, it's going to be FSX Air Hauler and Flashpoint Campaigns Red Storm for sure.

Maybe some CK2 and RO2/Rising Storm as usual.

I don't think I'm going to be inside enough to get much more gaming than that in.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Gusington

A heavy door? Jeez that's even worse. Well Alien 3 is over and was splendid as it ever was...have to garner some strength to not pass out...
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Arctic Blast

Labour Day weekend up here in Canuckland, too. I haven't had time to play a damn thing all week, so I shall finally return to Saints Row IV. And maybe Space Hulk, too.

The stack of board games next to the gaming table that need to be played is ridiculous, so I don't know for certain what will be tabled. But something will. Yes...something...

Rizik6

Civ 5 and SC:B.  I'm preloaded and waiting for Rome 2.

Yskonyn

EU IV for me and... wait.. here it comes;

Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn - This game has me completely hooked! It's been a darn long time since I felt being part of a virtual world was that fun, but we have a nice guild, the game is polished, looks stunning, has abolutely tons to do and has an interesting storyline!
This is going to fight for my time.. even moreso when Rome gets released next week. :S

"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Huw the Poo

I've changed my mind on Aliens: Colonial Marines.  I've been doing some more reading and it really does sound absolutely awful...and I'd forgotten that supposedly a large part of the game is about fighting other Humans too.  Even for £3.49 I think I'll pass.

BanzaiCat

Colonial Marines sucks. I just tried the first few minutes of gameplay, and while the environments are great, the AI, as has been indicated many times, is horrible. The aliens completely ignore the other Marines and go right for me every time. And the Marines stand there and let them do it. Did I piss in their cornflakes during hypersleep? I don't know, but they sure as hell act like it.

I'm a BIG fan of the Alien and Aliens movies, so I'll give it some more chances just to get through it, but Jesus this is a steaming pile of crap, even for five bucks.

undercovergeek

Visiting the folks - there is no gaming - sigh, which is just as well as i would be sat staring at the Steam screen waiting for Rome to activate.

I have spent all week 'Netflix gorging' on the Tudors series - finished all 4 series, im ready for some England in EUIV but not until Rome has left me a gooey mess devoid of all bodily fluids

I will do some HOI 3 Italy AAR updating on Monday, as the onset of my 'Rome II coinciding chesty cough' sets in

I have decided to hang my dirty washing in public and say im not a fan of DOTA2 - there ive said it, if i disappear i want you all to know it was Huw

Toonces

The Tudors was great.  I've been meaning to watch the whole series again, after I finish Rome, which sucks horribly.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs