Xenonauts Update (XCom Remake)

Started by airboy, September 04, 2013, 10:49:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nefaro

Any of you try out the big update that came out this weekend?

Says it breaks save games so you'll be starting a new one.

Kushan

Quote from: Nefaro on March 23, 2014, 01:19:59 AM
Any of you try out the big update that came out this weekend?

Says it breaks save games so you'll be starting a new one.

I've been playing with the experimental build. Think I'm going to restart now that its an official patch. I've reached a rather large brick wall in my current campaign anyway. I can do the normal shot down UFO missions without taking too many casualties, usually, but the terror and base assault missions just rip my team apart. I've tried both several times with different team compositions and its a full team wipe every time. On one terror mission attempt I barely even make it off my transport before I got my team stuck in a viscous cross fire that ripped them apart.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

KyzBP

Quote from: Kushan on March 23, 2014, 03:40:37 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on March 23, 2014, 01:19:59 AM
Any of you try out the big update that came out this weekend?

Says it breaks save games so you'll be starting a new one.

I've been playing with the experimental build. Think I'm going to restart now that its an official patch. I've reached a rather large brick wall in my current campaign anyway. I can do the normal shot down UFO missions without taking too many casualties, usually, but the terror and base assault missions just rip my team apart. I've tried both several times with different team compositions and its a full team wipe every time. On one terror mission attempt I barely even make it off my transport before I got my team stuck in a viscous cross fire that ripped them apart.

I stopped for the time being for exactly Kushan's reasons.  I may have to start again.

Kushan

Quote from: KyzBP on March 23, 2014, 03:45:09 PM
Quote from: Kushan on March 23, 2014, 03:40:37 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on March 23, 2014, 01:19:59 AM
Any of you try out the big update that came out this weekend?

Says it breaks save games so you'll be starting a new one.

I've been playing with the experimental build. Think I'm going to restart now that its an official patch. I've reached a rather large brick wall in my current campaign anyway. I can do the normal shot down UFO missions without taking too many casualties, usually, but the terror and base assault missions just rip my team apart. I've tried both several times with different team compositions and its a full team wipe every time. On one terror mission attempt I barely even make it off my transport before I got my team stuck in a viscous cross fire that ripped them apart.

I stopped for the time being for exactly Kushan's reasons.  I may have to start again.

I'm not sure what to do. The base assault mission doesn't seem to be critical at the moment. At least I don't have the game saying go attack it. Not sure about the terror missions, can't really avoid them without a massive drop in reputation. I could try using the scout car, but taking 4 members out of my team to fit it in seems like a tactical disadvantage to me.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

PanzersEast

Anyone else having crash issues?  I am stuck on a mission which continues to crash, so I am hesitant to start another game.  Thinking of waiting until official release, but have enjoyed playing it lately. 


PE

KyzBP

Quote from: PanzersEast on March 31, 2014, 08:17:52 AM
Anyone else having crash issues?  I am stuck on a mission which continues to crash, so I am hesitant to start another game.  Thinking of waiting until official release, but have enjoyed playing it lately. 


PE
Because the new update wasn't saved game compatible I've put Xenonauts on hold for a bit.  I don't feel like starting all over right now.

Nefaro

Quote from: KyzBP on March 31, 2014, 04:21:29 PM
Quote from: PanzersEast on March 31, 2014, 08:17:52 AM
Anyone else having crash issues?  I am stuck on a mission which continues to crash, so I am hesitant to start another game.  Thinking of waiting until official release, but have enjoyed playing it lately. 


PE
Because the new update wasn't saved game compatible I've put Xenonauts on hold for a bit.  I don't feel like starting all over right now.

So was it an update compatibility issue?

PanzersEast

Quote from: Nefaro on March 31, 2014, 07:04:15 PM
Quote from: KyzBP on March 31, 2014, 04:21:29 PM
Quote from: PanzersEast on March 31, 2014, 08:17:52 AM
Anyone else having crash issues?  I am stuck on a mission which continues to crash, so I am hesitant to start another game.  Thinking of waiting until official release, but have enjoyed playing it lately. 


PE
Because the new update wasn't saved game compatible I've put Xenonauts on hold for a bit.  I don't feel like starting all over right now.

So was it an update compatibility issue?

I can confirm that it is.  I thought I had disabled the experimental updates, however I had not.  There was an update and it broke my saved game.  I'm going to set back and wait until release, have to say it is very well done game and I am anxiously ready to play a full run through.

PE 

airboy

The website says they plan the final release around mid-June.

See announcement at: http://www.xenonauts.com/category/news/

Really, really, really hope this works out.

Nefaro

Quote from: airboy on April 08, 2014, 12:21:17 PM
The website says they plan the final release around mid-June.

See announcement at: http://www.xenonauts.com/category/news/

Really, really, really hope this works out.


Why wouldn't it?  Has been pretty solid when I've played it in the past half year.

Or do you hope they make the release date?  I wouldn't be too concerned about that since we already have it.  Release day doesn't really change anything these days since it's Early Access.  There are always patches after early access games are released, too. 

I think the biggest date to arrive with all these Early Access games is the Beta stage, which is when they are supposed to be feature complete.  The feature complete part varies by developer though.  I've seen some that are barely Alpha be called a "Beta".  ???

airboy

I'll clarify.

I hope that the game is released complete and relatively bug free.
I hope the game has proper play balance.
I hope the game that is released is fun.

I don't do early releases for lots of reasons.  I just hope the final product is fun and worthy of the name.

Nefaro

Quote from: airboy on April 08, 2014, 04:10:42 PM
I'll clarify.

I hope that the game is released complete and relatively bug free.
I hope the game has proper play balance.
I hope the game that is released is fun.

I don't do early releases for lots of reasons.  I just hope the final product is fun and worthy of the name.

Ahh.   I thought you already had it.

Grim.Reaper

Looks like final release is upon us, at least for the final version....won't be official for a couple weeks but sounds like the latest update is the final version, minus any bug fixes and such.

http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/10219-Xenonauts-V1-0-Released

Grim.Reaper

Ok, caved and bought this one too:)  Like the look and feel of it after one battle...not going to play until the release version comes later tonight, but I can see this looks like a winner....tense tactical battle against a couple of aliens....the fog of war is a killer...trying to hunt and find them is nervous time when you have no idea where they are:)

Grim.Reaper

I have been impressed with the AI and toughness so far.....tried again this morning and at a "small" crash site I just had my entire team wiped out!  I thought it being a small site, likely only a couple of aliens running around....boy was I wrong.  As I engaged the first alien, multiple other aliens flanked my entire team and my team was helpless.  One after one, they all died...I was able to make it to the ship with my last surviving soldier...heaved a grenade at the alien I saw, but missed the 2nd alien that was hiding in the ship which promptly looked around their barricade and killed me.....

Even in a bloodbath like this it was a fun experience.....I was just really surprised how tough the 1st mission was.....great start.