Main Menu

AGEOD's Espana 1936

Started by Martok, September 05, 2013, 11:19:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Martok

I can't find anything on their website yet, but it's been announced both here and here. 

I'm normally not into war/strategy games set during the last century or so, but (like Revolution Under Siege) this one could be an exception to the rule.  I've not seen the Spanish Civil War featured in its own game til now. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

JasonPratt

Very interesting choice by AGEOD! Will register for comment tracking as we go. (Could this be their first attempts at adjusting their engine for 20th century war? Pride of Nations goes right up to the line.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

Wow very interesting, thanks for posting Martok.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Rayfer

#3

Martok

I posted both those links in the OP, but I suppose it doesn't hurt to show them again.  ;) 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Boggit

It looks VERY intriguing. I really like Revolution under Siege - this could be fun. :) 8)
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Rayfer

Quote from: Martok on September 05, 2013, 01:51:13 PM
I posted both those links in the OP, but I suppose it doesn't hurt to show them again.  ;)

Oops...!   :-\

steve58

...a slight delay for the release.  Tomorrow instead of today.  Considering my backlog, I think I can wait.

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?32549-Slight-delay
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

W8taminute

The game is out tomorrow?  Holy cow AGEOD is really pumping out the games lately.


I hate to beat a dead horse but this game has excellent ambiance with respect to visuals.  Note the lack of the silver Windows XP screens (which kind of look like WitP screens) that really ticked me off in Civil War 2.  The interface windows all seem to mesh with the map and unit colors giving an overall look and finish suitable for the time period.  Sorry to sound so shallow without considering gameplay but España 1936 appears to be a game that is more AGEOD like and less Matrixy in appearance. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Nefaro

Quote from: W8taminute on October 01, 2013, 10:38:49 AM
The game is out tomorrow?  Holy cow AGEOD is really pumping out the games lately.

No kidding.  I just picked up CW2.  Still have yet to finished multiple other AGEOD games' scenarios.

This looks to be one of the extra dev teams working on it (like AJE, RUS).  The more the merrier, although I dunno when I'll get around to this one.  So overloaded.


QuoteI hate to beat a dead horse but this game has excellent ambiance with respect to visuals.  Note the lack of the silver Windows XP screens (which kind of look like WitP screens) that really ticked me off in Civil War 2.  The interface windows all seem to mesh with the map and unit colors giving an overall look and finish suitable for the time period.  Sorry to sound so shallow without considering gameplay but España 1936 appears to be a game that is more AGEOD like and less Matrixy in appearance.

I have especially been missing the eight Stance & Aggressiveness buttons out in the open, in Civil War 2.  Now they are just one button each that you must press to open the full range of options.  So it's just extra added button pushing to reach them.  Bad decision, there.

I also like the old artsy interface, but the art for Espana looks a bit rough.  Perhaps it was just the poor quality screenshots I've seen thus far.  The map also looks really bright orange & yellow, like you're on Mars.  :P  The artwork doesn't look as good as many others IMO.

Fetrik

GD! This company need to slow down. I'm not finished with AJE and BoR yet.

jomni

Quote from: Martok on September 05, 2013, 11:19:25 AM
I've not seen the Spanish Civil War featured in its own game til now.

You weren't looking hard enough.

http://www.hpssims.com/Pages/Products/SB/SCW/SCW.html

W8taminute

Quote from: Nefaro on October 01, 2013, 01:34:13 PM

I have especially been missing the eight Stance & Aggressiveness buttons out in the open, in Civil War 2.  Now they are just one button each that you must press to open the full range of options.  So it's just extra added button pushing to reach them.  Bad decision, there.

Yeah that sounds rough.  Those buttons were key for me in ACW to get my fronts to hold during high activity.


Quote from: NefaroI also like the old artsy interface, but the art for Espana looks a bit rough.  Perhaps it was just the poor quality screenshots I've seen thus far.  The map also looks really bright orange & yellow, like you're on Mars.  :P  The artwork doesn't look as good as many others IMO.

Now that you mention it the choice of colors for the map are kind of strange.  There also appears to be slight differences in color in some of the screenshots.  I wonder if it's meant to symbolize season or possession?  Spain is a country with a lot of browns in the country side during summer however, so I guess the color choices make sense.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Bismarck

Quote from: jomni on October 02, 2013, 12:11:15 AM
Quote from: Martok on September 05, 2013, 11:19:25 AM
I've not seen the Spanish Civil War featured in its own game til now.

You weren't looking hard enough.

http://www.hpssims.com/Pages/Products/SB/SCW/SCW.html

Yeah, I have that but the operational aspect of the war interest me more. I wonder if there's an option for the democracies to have pulled their collective thumbs out.
Jim Cobb

steve58

..its out.  $30 digital/$40 box+digital.  Maybe I'll git it for the weekend...
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)