Wait? What? No Friday thread yet - where's MetalDog when you need him?

Started by undercovergeek, September 06, 2013, 09:20:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Kushan

I'm actually taking the weekend off from work.

I'm going to continue to not play Rome 2. Not really sure what I'm going to be playing. After losing interest in my current Austria game last night, I need a small break from EU IV. Probably start new campaigns in both CK2 and Distant Worlds. Other then that almost everything on my steam list is on the table for this weekend. And of course a shit ton of football on Sunday. Go GREEN BAY!

Quote from: MetalDog on September 06, 2013, 06:39:12 PM
Sorry, fellas.  I was busy, uh, getting busy until late into the night.

That's not excuse for not waking up early and starting the Friday thread.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Jarhead0331

Quote from: republic on September 06, 2013, 10:58:48 AM
I've been playing lots of Xcom.  Its the perfect baby/daddy game.  Move a guy, clean up puke, move a guy, clean up poop, move a guy, burp...  :)

Amen Brother!

Rome II and some FSX with Air Hauler when I get the chance.  Busy weekend with the Guard.  A local Marine reserve unit is deploying and my unit is tasked with taking care of their legal. Going to be writing a lot of wills over the next two days.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Rizik6


GJK

Quote from: Barthheart on September 06, 2013, 10:03:25 AM
In a real slump as far at PC gaming goes....... :-\

Will do some board gaming... should really continue my DAR...  :P

More work on the VASSAL mods I'm working on... this will use most of my free time.

I'm just scrolling through this thread so apologies if you're asked this later on but what modules are you working on? 

I just received "The Supreme Commander" in the mail today. Going to sort through the rules and hopefully get a small solo game of it going.

Also sorting through the rules for "Force on Force".  Made some changes to the reaction tests.  I think that I have it tweaked just right.
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on September 06, 2013, 10:18:18 PM
Quote from: republic on September 06, 2013, 10:58:48 AM
I've been playing lots of Xcom.  Its the perfect baby/daddy game.  Move a guy, clean up puke, move a guy, clean up poop, move a guy, burp...  :)

Amen Brother!

I have a visual of an Ultra Marine in armor with a baby over his shoulder.  theres puke running down the back and instead of a a bolter hes holding a used diaper.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


republic

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on September 07, 2013, 01:23:03 AM
I have a visual of an Ultra Marine in armor with a baby over his shoulder.  theres puke running down the back and instead of a a bolter hes holding a used diaper.

lol!

Shelldrake

More XCOM for me. No baby here but we do have 2 very bad puppies so for me it is ...move guy, clean up broken vase, shoot alien, yell at puppies to stop barking, and so on!
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Barthheart

Quote from: GJK on September 06, 2013, 11:58:32 PM
Quote from: Barthheart on September 06, 2013, 10:03:25 AM
In a real slump as far at PC gaming goes....... :-\

Will do some board gaming... should really continue my DAR...  :P

More work on the VASSAL mods I'm working on... this will use most of my free time.

I'm just scrolling through this thread so apologies if you're asked this later on but what modules are you working on? 

I just received "The Supreme Commander" in the mail today. Going to sort through the rules and hopefully get a small solo game of it going.

Also sorting through the rules for "Force on Force".  Made some changes to the reaction tests.  I think that I have it tweaked just right.

A bunch of stuff from LnL Publishing. Finally updating the Lock'nLoad Series, adding stuff to the Nations at War Series, maybe taking on the World at War series update.
Maybe others for them. Kind of a long term partnership.

JudgeDredd

Rome II
FSX
and (believe it or not) Farming Simulator 2013!  :-\
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

MetalDog

Quote from: Kushan on September 06, 2013, 08:46:20 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on September 06, 2013, 06:39:12 PM
Sorry, fellas.  I was busy, uh, getting busy until late into the night.

That's not excuse for not waking up early and starting the Friday thread.

Maybe not, but, it sure was worth it :)
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

-budd-

don't really have the attention span for anything deep at this time. Will be finishing Sang Froid [think i have 4 days left] and playing some Hotline Miami  and maybe burn some music while playing audio surf, and a whole lot of NFL on Sunday, Game on the TV and redzone on the laptop.

As Russell Wilson would say "Go Hawks"
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Martok

Quote from: Kushan on September 06, 2013, 08:46:20 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on September 06, 2013, 06:39:12 PM
Sorry, fellas.  I was busy, uh, getting busy until late into the night.

That's not excuse for not waking up early and starting the Friday thread.
Au contraire!  One should never have to apologize for getting laid.  8) 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

undercovergeek

Quote from: Martok on September 08, 2013, 08:53:45 AM
Quote from: Kushan on September 06, 2013, 08:46:20 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on September 06, 2013, 06:39:12 PM
Sorry, fellas.  I was busy, uh, getting busy until late into the night.

That's not excuse for not waking up early and starting the Friday thread.
Au contraire!  One should never have to apologize for getting laid.  8)

tell that to the Mrs!

MengJiao

Quote from: Bison on September 06, 2013, 03:15:59 PM
Rome 2 all day everyday this weekend in my mind.

  Yep.  Lots of Rome II.  I also read up on 18th century naval warfare for some board gaming.  Here's the thing: all games concentrate on
the Napoleonic period because it is well-documented.

   BUT it looks to me like the time for more interesting battles was the long period of amazing foul-ups from say 1690 to 1782. 

   After puzzling over how to simulate foul-ups ( I gave up), it seemed that since ships of say 1744 were in many ways much simpler than ships of say 1794, I could work on 1744-style ships for Close Action and -- while not producing the foul-up per se...I could reproduce the confused fighting (usually around the flag ships) in Close action terms using generic 60s 70s 80s and 90s and 114s (all with relatively easy-to-simulate batteries of homogenous and relatively crappy "long guns").

   So that's the current board game project.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: undercovergeek on September 08, 2013, 10:14:11 AMtell that to the Mrs!

dammit!  now I'm having to explain to the folks and neighboring desks why I'm over here chuckling!
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers