Dragon Age Inquisition

Started by SgtRock, September 07, 2013, 12:42:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

mirth

Dear God. Spend the 10 bucks to play the original first. That will take you at least 3 months.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Arctic Blast

Quote from: mirth on January 01, 2015, 08:04:13 PM
Dear God. Spend the 10 bucks to play the original first. That will take you at least 3 months.

Oh, I already own it. I've just never played it. Passing on Inquisition for now.  ;D

bayonetbrant

Any of y'all currently playing DA:I, PM me, please.  Thanks!
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Tpek

I've yet to finish the game.
It kinda grows stale, boring and repetitive after a while.

glen55

I finished it twice.  Have you killed any dragons?  I don't find them boring and repetitive.

I'm not playing currently, but I'm sure I'll be back.  This is the perfect game to tune up when I want to scratch the CRPG itch a little bit in a large, beautiful, well-realized world.  I don't see how anybody could possibly prefer the humdrum Skyrim world to this.  I love the keeps and camps system and gradually taking control of a new area.

Varric, Sera, Darian and Iron Bull are my favorite characters.  Since two of them are rogues, I have played it through with a 2-handed fighter and a mage, and I have started a 3rd playthrough with a sword-and-board fighter.

Some of the interface stuff is tiresome, like having to change from weapons to armor to misc. just to look at all your inventory and having to stand right on top of crap to pick it up.  And I just wish the upper-level armor was a little bit gaudier.  These folks should take a gander at the top-end stuff in Diablo III.  But then again, loot has never been Bioware's strong point.

Things are more like they are now than they have ever been before.
  - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Tpek

It's pretty much like Skyrim in many ways.
Constant repetitions of same environments, enemies respawning (except in this game they respawn right on top of you or in front of you like in an MMO).
Dragon hunting is fun at first and boring at the end (the game's also bugged and I didn't get the achievement for slaying the 10 high dragons).

It would have been much better had they dropped the Skyrim/MMORPG-like stuff and stuck with what made previous Bioware games awesome.

Gusington

There's a lot of things that make it unique, fun, and memorable...including the war table, crafting and the lore, amongst other things.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bayonetbrant

Gus - send me a few screenshots, stat!
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Gusington

Got two sick kids and a pissed off wife...may not happen tonight.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

panzerde

I have a bunch headed your way in a minute, Brant.
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

panzerde

Quote from: Gusington on January 22, 2015, 08:54:35 PM
^Thank you, Sir!


Gotta help a fellow Grog when he's in the "sick kid and pissed off wife" corner!  :)
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

bayonetbrant

Got the email a few minutes ago and I'll go look. Thanks!
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Elvis

I finally finished up the game. I really dug it.

Has anyone purchased and of the 3 DLCs? If so, were they worth? Also, I can't tell if they need to be purchased in order or if you can get as much out of it by buying them in any order, anyone know?

Gusington

I bought the Descent, but I need a certain amount of power points to access it...16. I'm at 14 now.

Played 15-20 hours in the last 3 weeks. Rivals Skyrim for my favorite recent RPG. Awesome lore, runs like a dream, great graphics. Just a fantastic game all around.

Another DLC was released a week or two ago also.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd