Nice Find! Massive Aquifer discovered in Kenya

Started by Windigo, September 11, 2013, 12:31:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Windigo

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on September 11, 2013, 10:01:01 PM
Um, I also know that Nestle isn't just pulling from the Lakes but from the aquifer at a rate greater than the replenishment. Um, I also know that evaporation and consumption aren't mutually exclusive but rather cumulative so what was your point?

Big diff here is that BC doesn't regulate or monitor groundwater withdrawal (like WTF? positively 3rd world or what)
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Boggit

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on September 11, 2013, 06:40:47 PM
Quote from: Windigo on September 11, 2013, 02:20:01 PM
Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on September 11, 2013, 01:27:08 PM
At least until Nestle gets the rights to it.

More likely Japan/China

although I suspect it'll be divied up along tribal lines

Nah, Nestle will suck it dry like they're doing to the Great Lakes-upper Mississippi aquifer or the Fraser in BC.

China will by up the rights to any newly arrable land created from irrigation and grow crops purely for export to the Chinese market and the locals will be buggered.  It's going on all over Africa.
And Quadrilla will poison the water supply by fracking underneath it.

Ironically, let's hope that Nestle and China get there first... :o :-\
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat