The Bureau: Xcom Declassified

Started by Jarhead0331, September 29, 2013, 04:48:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


skeptical.platypus

I bought Declassified on launch because I missed the fps bit hate myself a little.

I got about four or five missions in. I liked the story and I liked the setting.

Honestly, what freaked me out was the slow-time squad-commands. Loved the concept, hated the execution. But I think I was trying to use it more like traditional turn based Xcom.

Mass Effect's implementation of fps squad commands is better imo. It is trying to do less, but some of the fail for me with Declassified is the length of time it took to move your command interface around the screen. Gotta KISS for me, 'cause I'm definitely that latter "s."
The Law of Unintended Consequences, Seattle Pride Variant: The only city on the planet that can guarantee your purchase of recreational marijuana is from a stoner making $15/hr.

Swatter

What I am waiting for is a thoughtful first person tactical shooter like the original Ghost Recon married to a turn based X-COM strategy game. That would be very cool.

Speaking of Mass Effect, its been too long since I played it.

undercovergeek

Quote from: Swatter on December 04, 2013, 02:13:07 PM
What I am waiting for is a thoughtful first person tactical shooter like the original Ghost Recon married to a turn based X-COM strategy game. That would be very cool.

Speaking of Mass Effect, its been too long since I played it.

with a 40k mod on top..............

BanzaiCat

Quote from: undercovergeek on December 04, 2013, 02:45:22 PM
Quote from: Swatter on December 04, 2013, 02:13:07 PM
What I am waiting for is a thoughtful first person tactical shooter like the original Ghost Recon married to a turn based X-COM strategy game. That would be very cool.

Speaking of Mass Effect, its been too long since I played it.

with a 40k mod on top..............

...and some MD-80s and 737s and Piper Cubs to move around in...

JasonPratt

I sense a theme developing in this thread... ::)

Also, a pony.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

eyebiter

.
#21
.

jomni

I had this game for a while but haven't really played it.
Now I got a chance to fire it up for the first time. 
It's quite interesting.  I like the game mechanics and squad tactics.
Too bad many people are ignoring this.

Tpek

I was rather disappointed with the game.
The entire game feels like it's a huge miss.

A game about playing a secret bureau that investigates, deals with and then covers up ETs sounds exciting...
Except this game quickly turns into a mediocre squad-shooter.

And the ending is just plain terrible and contradicts everything that's been going in the entire game.

At least there's a nice surprise twist about your character :)

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Tpek on May 31, 2014, 02:21:33 AM
I was rather disappointed with the game.
The entire game feels like it's a huge miss.

A game about playing a secret bureau that investigates, deals with and then covers up ETs sounds exciting...
Except this game quickly turns into a mediocre squad-shooter.

And the ending is just plain terrible and contradicts everything that's been going in the entire game.

At least there's a nice surprise twist about your character :)

Interesting that you still stuck with it through the end of the story...there must be something there worthwhile, no?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Tpek

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on May 31, 2014, 05:11:27 AM
Quote from: Tpek on May 31, 2014, 02:21:33 AM
I was rather disappointed with the game.
The entire game feels like it's a huge miss.

A game about playing a secret bureau that investigates, deals with and then covers up ETs sounds exciting...
Except this game quickly turns into a mediocre squad-shooter.

And the ending is just plain terrible and contradicts everything that's been going in the entire game.

At least there's a nice surprise twist about your character :)

Interesting that you still stuck with it through the end of the story...there must be something there worthwhile, no?

I was hoping to at least finish some games.
Plus, how should have I known the ending would completely suck?

jomni

Don't spoil it.   :buck2:
Anyway I'm still playing it no matter what because the tactical stuff is "worthwhile" based on my tastes.

undercovergeek

inspired to try Enemy Unknown on Impossible/Ironman after watching a hilarious Lets Play collection

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18