Popular Science online shutting down its comment section

Started by Windigo, September 29, 2013, 06:52:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDS_Starfury

Quotebecause it burns when wet and it is hot enough for long enough that it will start wet twigs

kinda like a certain Canadians GF.  ;)
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Windigo

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on September 29, 2013, 10:10:14 PM
Quotebecause it burns when wet and it is hot enough for long enough that it will start wet twigs

kinda like a certain Canadians GF.  ;)

terrible metaphor but yeah
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

LongBlade

Meh. This isn't about science. It's about crowd control.

Popsci made the right call.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Bison

I don't know if they made the right call or not; it really doesn't matter to me.  But it's Popular Science for crying out loud.  How unruly can it possibly get? 

GDS_Starfury

as unruly as the internet allows.

ie  a bunch of stupid fucktards.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Windigo

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on September 29, 2013, 11:09:36 PM
as unruly as the internet allows.

ie  a bunch of stupid fucktards.

egged on by their oversexed Jewish overlord living in south beach I figure     :o

GDS_Starfury

Windigo

airboy

There is a fatal flaw in the reason that Popular Science gave for eliminating the comments section.  People who read the articles do not necessarily read the comments section.

The percentage of people who read the comments is probably tiny compared to the number who read the article.  I know the data on those who look at a magazine vs. those who look at the ad within the magazine; and the people who see a website and actually read a banner ad (which are both reasonable comparisons).  The read the magazine/read the ad and the view the website/view the banner ad are both tiny (around 4% and about 1% in terms of free recall).

My guess is that Popular Science just did not want to deal with comment sections any longer - so they banned them.  My guess is also that some of their more thin skinned writers also did not want to read the comments.

Poor babies.  I have little sympathy.

LongBlade

Quote from: airboy on October 01, 2013, 07:10:08 PM
There is a fatal flaw in the reason that Popular Science gave for eliminating the comments section.  People who read the articles do not necessarily read the comments section.

The percentage of people who read the comments is probably tiny compared to the number who read the article.  I know the data on those who look at a magazine vs. those who look at the ad within the magazine; and the people who see a website and actually read a banner ad (which are both reasonable comparisons).  The read the magazine/read the ad and the view the website/view the banner ad are both tiny (around 4% and about 1% in terms of free recall).

My guess is that Popular Science just did not want to deal with comment sections any longer - so they banned them.  My guess is also that some of their more thin skinned writers also did not want to read the comments.

LOL
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Windigo

Quote from: airboy on October 01, 2013, 07:10:08 PM

thin skin is a bad characteristic to have on the interwebz

GDS_Starfury

Windigo

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on October 01, 2013, 08:51:34 PM
isnt it now.  :P

you're male & Jewish... what the hell would you know about thin skin^... yours was removed shortly after birth....   *double  :P  *