Iranian Situation Heating Up ?

Started by MIGMaster, February 01, 2012, 12:01:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

I was looking at the melons not the lemons.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MIGMaster

If 40 cent took those in his kitchen he'd be DEAD right now ! Believe me !!! But whatta way to go  8)

Centurion40

Quote from: MIGMaster on February 03, 2012, 02:06:11 PM
If 40 cent took those in his kitchen he'd be DEAD right now ! Believe me !!! But whatta way to go  8)

From your mouth to God's ears....
Any time is a good time for pie.

LongBlade

Back on topic, the drums of war are being beaten. News reports are that Israel is considering taking action, and for some reason folks are announcing that "the weather" makes a strike in Spring most favorable. Whatever that means. Maybe dust storms ease up? With GPS you'd think weather wouldn't be a decisive factor, but what do I know?
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

MIGMaster

So if Israel is saying the Spring, it'll probably happen soon - I base that conclusion on the fact they are probably the most pro-active, and PR aware military on the globe ! I really don't think they'd let Iran have any chance to prepare... but I may be wrong..........

LongBlade

Quote from: MIGMaster on February 03, 2012, 02:41:44 PM
So if Israel is saying the Spring, it'll probably happen soon - I base that conclusion on the fact they are probably the most pro-active, and PR aware military on the globe ! I really don't think they'd let Iran have any chance to prepare... but I may be wrong..........

I agree. If they're saying Spring, it probably means "next new moon."

Centurion40

The Israelis (most likely) are already knocking off every Iranian nuclear scientist they can get at, so how close is the Iranian nuke program to actually producing a bomb?

LongBlade

Quote from: Centurion40 on February 03, 2012, 03:03:28 PM
The Israelis (most likely) are already knocking off every Iranian nuclear scientist they can get at, so how close is the Iranian nuke program to actually producing a bomb?

I've started thinking about this and the more I think about it the more I'm convinced you have a point.

I seem to recall a cold war joke about how you could tell who was a Hungarian. In every other country in the world if the cops busted someone on a street car, everyone turned to look. Hungarians, however, would look in the opposite direction to see what you were trying to distract them from. ;)

So it may be here that with all this discussion of an Israeli strike, what folks are really looking for isn't a telegraphed airstrike, but rather were the Iranians will be shuffling air defenses. Remember - there is discussion of possibly allowing inspectors into Iran. If the Iranians beef up an area for protection, it's a fair bet they've got something to hide there.

And that sword is double edged - if the Iranians don't protect it and the air strike turns out not to be a bluff, then guess what? Israel has an easier time taking it out. The Iranians are in a lose-lose situation.

Well done.

Gusington

The Israelis really have nothing to gain by going into hot war mode. They would be better off using spies and espionage as they (and the US) have been doing.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Mr. Bigglesworth

The first article said Israel can only wait 6-9 months.

Maybe that is why the US troops are being moved out of the nearby countries. They take a break then they are ready to go back in into Iran after any retaliation from Iran.

I say bomb the shit out of them like in GW1. Soften them up, actually make them look like that poor bastard that went through the jet engine before putting ground troops in. There is no point in leaving them with the ability to take out our soldiers with anything more sophisticated than the fuckers in Stan can cobble together.

Ive been expecting some hot war with Iran ever since amajad made the wipe Israel off the map speech. If their supreme leader is still saying the same thing then it will be a hot one.
"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; "
- Shakespeare's Henry V, Act III, 1598

Centurion40

Perhaps the wrong people are being knocked-off.

LongBlade

News Flash: Foxnews.com reports the US is closing its embassy and withdrawing all diplomats.

That cannot be good news for stability. It might also be an indication of a boost to covert activities, whether Israeli or otherwise.

Whoops - thought this was the Syria thread.

LongBlade

Pentagon orders a gaggle of bunker busters.

QuoteThe military's so-called Massive Ordnance Penetrator, a 30,000-pound bunker buster bomb, requires an "urgent" upgrade, according to Pentagon officials who are trying to ensure that 20 of the bombs are battle-ready

Any relation to this Iranian thread is purely coincidental.

QuotePublicly, the Air Force denies this weapon is being rushed for use in the Middle East. Air Force Chief General Norton Schwartz dismissed suggestions that the upgrades are tied to tensions with Iran.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/02/10/pentagon-calls-for-urgent-upgrade-bunker-busting-bombs-as-iranian-threat-looms/

Mr. Bigglesworth

I was trying to figure out which way to deliver the bunker busters. As a theoretical wargame of course. 8)

I think I would go in from an unexpected direction. Western Afganistan. Launch from an air base there with heavy ordinance trucked in. After they realize their nuke facilities are dust they will be on high alert in the south. An unfortunate clash shoots down everything they have. All air defences are brought down by cruise missiles. The strike group exits south through a corridor wiped of military assets. The jets would be Israeli camo'd as US until launch with Isreali pilots, US bunker busters.  Any strong retaliation ends up with Iran carved up into smaller territories after their leadership is gibblets. Quds force become fodder for experimental bombs. Basically shut down their ability to shit disturb.

How would you game it?
"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; "
- Shakespeare's Henry V, Act III, 1598

Staggerwing

Anyone here have HPS War over the Middle East? I'm curious if there are any scenarios covering an Israeli and/or American
strike on Iran's Nuke sites. Also curious how it plays since it looks a little dry. As an aside, does anyone here remember an
old Amiga game called Operation Spruance (also released in some countries as USS John Young 2) ? It was a sim where you
were the captain of a Spruance-class Destroyer and you were stationed in the Gulf just as Iran started to commence hostilities.
It was inovative for the time because, even though it was released in 1990, it had an external view and you could actually dock
the vessel yourself and navigate through the shipping channels.

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys