Dear AGEOD, your next game using the AGE engine should be...

Started by Slick Wilhelm, October 05, 2013, 09:04:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

spelk


xaal

Hello everyone,
I'm a longtime reader of this forum. I take the opportunity of this subject to write my first post and express my opinion.

Next AGEOD game should cover Latin American wars of independence and others south american wars (Chaco war, war of the Pacific, Uruguayan War, etc...)

bbmike

Quote from: xaal on October 06, 2013, 04:32:40 AM
Hello everyone,
I'm a longtime reader of this forum. I take the opportunity of this subject to write my first post and express my opinion.

Next AGEOD game should cover Latin American wars of independence and others south american wars (Chaco war, war of the Pacific, Uruguayan War, etc...)

Welcome xaal !
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Grim.Reaper

ACW 3 or BOA 3....I bet these are released before most of the others that are mentioned:)

Just kidding of course, hopefully they do expand into other areas before going back to multiple versions of existing games....

JasonPratt

Wow -- I was going to say the Anglo-Zulu / Boers war idea was the best I'd seen in the thread so far, but a game covering the South American wars kicks that up a notch!
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Nefaro

Quote from: magnus on October 05, 2013, 10:23:06 AM
+1 Wars of Louis XIV, Or at least War of the Spanish Succession.

This.

Also want to see more classical stuff - maybe some Diadochi Wars.

MengJiao

Quote from: besilarius on October 05, 2013, 01:14:14 PM
Much as I would love a good treatment of the Thirty Years War, I'd wonder if players would get into it.
There were so many factions, led by so many self-centered, lieing kids, that people might wonder how they every got through it.  (Though if you prepared by playing a lot of CK2, you'd probably get it.)
It's a great period of history, with a lot of changes occurring, so would be quite the challenge.

  You could break it up into campaigns.  I do wonder whether games for the period 1450 to 1740 don't require an extra monetary subsystem and an extra economic subsystem and an extra mutiny subsystem.  For example for the 80-years war (the Low Countries vs Spain 1568 to 1648), the Spanish could always field an overwhelming force only to run out of money and their troops would mutiny.  The Dutch eventually managed to consistantly field an army of just the right size -- big enough to hold off the Spanish and make them spend money and small enought not to overwhelm the creaky financial systems of Western Europe.
  Similarly, the field armies of the 30-years war tended to get smaller and have more cavalry as the war went on just because the entire economic structure of Western Europe was eroding under the impact of the war(s).
  For the post 30-years war wars up til 1740 I think the threat of economic disaster was there and you would probably need those subsystems though the French bureaucratic superiority might obviate that for the French and show why France was so powerful in that period.

MengJiao

Quote from: Nefaro on October 06, 2013, 01:01:17 PM
Quote from: magnus on October 05, 2013, 10:23:06 AM
+1 Wars of Louis XIV, Or at least War of the Spanish Succession.

This.

Also want to see more classical stuff - maybe some Diadochi Wars.

  I always vote for the Diadochi and the Spanish Succession is certainly incredibly well documented.

Nefaro

Quote from: MengJiao on October 07, 2013, 01:41:05 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on October 06, 2013, 01:01:17 PM
Quote from: magnus on October 05, 2013, 10:23:06 AM
+1 Wars of Louis XIV, Or at least War of the Spanish Succession.

This.

Also want to see more classical stuff - maybe some Diadochi Wars.

  I always vote for the Diadochi and the Spanish Succession is certainly incredibly well documented.

It would probably be easier to plant the 'Sun King' seed in their head, AGEOD being partially filled with Frenchmen.  ;)  But there's always hope that the other team doing the AJE stuff will stay in the Classical vicinity too.