The Empire Shuts Down

Started by DicedT, October 16, 2013, 11:14:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.


bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Martok

<chuckle> 

Yeah, that was great.  Thanks for the link DicedT! 



These are probably my two favorite bits: 
Quote
Q: My neighbors tell me that as long as the Empire fails to provide services, they are not obligated to provide taxes. What should I tell them?

A: Remind them that the Imperial Revenue Service (IRS) Death Star remains operational, and always will.


Q: Can I appeal my furlough?

A: Imperial workers who wish to dispute their furloughs will be scheduled for a personal counseling session with Lord Vader, who is eager to meet with unhappy employees.

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

DicedT

A couple of government workers thanked me for making them smile. Sounded like they could use a laugh.

Michael

jejo68

Jesus, did you Guys read the long Q & A following the article. some people have no sense of humor at all

bayonetbrant

the more I read internet article contents, the less faith I have in humanity
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

Quote from: bayonetbrant on October 17, 2013, 05:50:55 AM
the more I read internet article contents, the less faith I have in humanity

If I lose any more faith in humanity, it will likely trigger some kind of disappointment singularity that will destroy the universe.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

DicedT

If you think Star War fans have no sense of humor, try writing a piece on Star Trek.

Michael

Staggerwing

Uh.. careful there Michael. At least one of the Grand Poobahs here dreams nightly of being one of the doomed heroes of Wolf 359.  :D
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Martok

He's not the only one.  ;) 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

DicedT

Is that before or after he actually dates a girl?

Martok

Doesn't matter.  I know from personal experience that having a woman doesn't make nerd rage go away.  :P 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

mirth

At best having a woman replaces nerd rage with a different rage.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus