Facebook's Coming PR Problem

Started by bayonetbrant, October 22, 2013, 07:57:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

bayonetbrant

Facebook is now allowing videos of beheadings to be shown on their site.

Now, the fig leaf they're using to cover themselves is that they'll only be allowed if they're being condemned.
I can already picture Jihadi Akbar posting a video of a beheading, and claiming it's legit because he's condemning the technique used in the beheading.

Meanwhile, photos of moms breastfeeding their kids are still verboten.


Methinks FaceBook is about to get publicly hammered over this one.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Barthheart

Oh and their want to let kiddies post will most likely just turn FB into Kids R Us for pedophiles....  :P

Centurion40

On the upside, they are breaking into new national markets....  ::)  :(
Any time is a good time for pie.

LongBlade

I gave up on FB at least a year ago.

I only go there when Brant is trying to win a radio contest.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Windigo

Quote from: LongBlade on October 22, 2013, 11:34:05 AM
I gave up on FB at least a year ago.

I only go there when Brant is trying to win a radio contest.

I have been musing about that very option.
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.