Main Menu

Chariot racing?

Started by Grim.Reaper, October 22, 2013, 06:22:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Grim.Reaper


Gusington

Once this is released I am going to pick this up so quick it will snap your neck!
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Bison

Whoa!  This looks pretty awesome.

Darkspire

Prehistoric Autoduel with fleshy bits  :)

Darkspire
Trying to prove the existence of God with the Bible is the same thing as trying to prove the existence of Orcs using the Lord of the Rings books.


Gusington

^It should say that on the box.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Anguille

Looks excellent and totally new....will buy that one...

Grimnirsson

As a player of Avalon Hills Circus Maximus and the later published Circus Minimus I always thought it would be nice to have this on the PC... :)
Homefront Wargame Center - supporting our hobby!

www.homefrontcenter.de

ComradeP

I applied for the beta immediately, the last game I played that had chariot races of some sort in it was Centurion: Defender of Rome from over 20 years ago.

Racing games? No thanks. Good chariot Racing games? You can wake me up from a blissfully absurd dream for those.
The fact that these people drew inspiration...and then became chicken farmers - Cyrano, Dragon' Up The Past #45

Jarhead0331

I'll keep my eye on this, but chariot racing never held an appeal to me, even though I love just about everything else Roman, particularly where combat is concerned. Maybe I should see a therapist over this irregularity?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


LongBlade

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on October 23, 2013, 05:36:13 AM
I'll keep my eye on this, but chariot racing never held an appeal to me, even though I love just about everything else Roman, particularly where combat is concerned. Maybe I should see a therapist over this irregularity?

I've never played Circus Maximus. I have bought, but never played, Circus Minimus.

From everything I gather they are a delight to play as boardgames. Maximus is supposed to be fairly complex so a port to the PC would, in theory, be welcome. Hopefully none of the tension will be lost in translation because the expectations are going to be high when guys start tossing around the names of classic boardgames.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

LongBlade

Weird, Matrix's product page doesn't mention the developer.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

weateallthepies

Nice. I've been messing with Charioteer from Twohourwargames, which is a solo playable tabletop chariot game, so this looks very interesting to me.

ComradeP

Quote
Weird, Matrix's product page doesn't mention the developer.

That's not as uncommon as it might seem LB, as Matrix doesn't seem to mention developers without their own website (I think that's the criterium). Two of my three previous Matrix games don't have any information on the developer either: History - Legends of War and Germany at War - Barbarossa 1941. Maybe the website for the game isn't finished yet.
The fact that these people drew inspiration...and then became chicken farmers - Cyrano, Dragon' Up The Past #45

Rayfer

Quote from: Grimnirsson on October 23, 2013, 03:51:32 AM
As a player of Avalon Hills Circus Maximus and the later published Circus Minimus I always thought it would be nice to have this on the PC... :)

Thanks for jogging my memory....I knew I had played an AH boardgame on chariot racing many, many years ago but couldn't remember the name. It was a great old game. I hope this PC game is as good.

Cyrano

I was in ALMOST as fast as Gus when I noticed it's single-player only.

You've got a TURN-BASED racing/team-building game and you leave out PBEM?

I haven't coded in a while, and so try to see both sides on this, but, geez...

Best,

Jim
"Cyrano"
:/7)
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806