Honest Trailers

Started by mirth, October 24, 2013, 10:21:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

mirth

mirth

Nefaro

JasonPratt

The Cinemas Sins crew just did this, too! What, is there a new one on the way?? (Oh, the Big Freaking Gun... Giant. Friendly Giant. ...this connection means nothing to me.)

I seem to be in the minority about it, but like Jaws 2 a lot, too. Practically everyone but Spielberg returns; the writers do a good job working out the implications of "another giant shark" (and the mayor puts his job on the line vouching for Brody); John Williams' score is actually better than the first movie -- the action scenes are staged well. The shark looks the best for any killer shark movie that I can think of. "I GOT SOMETHING FOR YOU NOW!" I watched J2 before ever watching J1, back when I was a kid, and that was the best finale I had ever seen to a movie! It still chokes me up a bit with awesomeness. (Yep, I like it better than J1's finale, as great as that is.)

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

My Blu-ray didn't arrive in time, and I am annoyed. TOMORROW! TOMORROW! I'll watch it (and by "it" I mean the Ultimate Edition)... tomorrow... it's only... a {sniffle} DAAAYY AWAAAAAAYYY!

{note to self: work on the timing of that delivery}

Until then, Honest Trailers presents:

Fans v Batman v Superman v Critics v Other Fans v Executives v Zach Snyder v Expectations: Can't Do Them All Justice(: Ultimate Edition): 300 Minutes

Featuring a numbered checklist for Luthor's plan, which is almost as long as my explanation but which makes considerably less sense when it's spelled out like that, pheh.  ::)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

JasonPratt

Wait, wait, wait, sorry -- that wasn't the Ultimate Edition of the Honest Trailer, only about the Ultimate Edition of the movie.

The Ultimate Edition of the Ultimate Edition Trailer ("longer than the actual fight between Batman and Superman!") can be found here at the Screen Junkies site: http://www.screenjunkies.com/video/honest-trailers-batman-v-superman-ultimate-edition-3036310?utm_source=youtube&utm_medium=youtube&utm_campaign=BvSendcard

mirth

Best Honest Trailer yet.

mirth

airboy

Thanks for identifying so many good trailers.

mirth

Those things are like crack. I've watched many of them several times.

Sir Slash

He said..... 'ass-et'.  ;D
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

mirth