Order of Battle: Pacific takes off!

Started by Lord Zimoa, October 25, 2013, 11:49:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

SgtRock

Would like to hear more about the campaign, is there a main map or is it just a series of battles like Panzer Corps?


Steelgrave

My only question is when can I have this???  8) ;D 8)

Jarhead0331

I must say, this would be a really really exciting release if it had a modern OOB. Imagine modern jets and helicopters, AAVs, LAVs, etc. sort of like the old game Semper Fi.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


bbmike

I hope this game plays as good as it looks!
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Steelgrave

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on May 03, 2014, 07:32:46 AM
I must say, this would be a really really exciting release if it had a modern OOB. Imagine modern jets and helicopters, AAVs, LAVs, etc. sort of like the old game Semper Fi.

Ditto. I would buy both  8)

Apocalypse 31

Quote from: Steelgrave on May 03, 2014, 08:21:07 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on May 03, 2014, 07:32:46 AM
I must say, this would be a really really exciting release if it had a modern OOB. Imagine modern jets and helicopters, AAVs, LAVs, etc. sort of like the old game Semper Fi.

Ditto. I would buy both  8)

Same. Would love to see a modern take on Panzer Corps

Gusington

Hmm didn't see any Japanese armor...did I miss it?
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Staggerwing

You mean the Hi-Ho and the Ha-Choo and the Chi-Chi and what not?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Apocalypse 31

'Multi Platformer' makes me a bit skeptical.

Graphics look nice, but is this just a watered-down Panzer Corps?

Also, is Slitherine going to just continue milking the PzC UI and game mechanics?

Regardless, this will be a day one purchase, as I support Slitherine and a Wargame that looks visually appealing

Steelgrave

Quote from: Apocalypse 31 on May 04, 2014, 12:07:20 AM
'Multi Platformer' makes me a bit skeptical.

Graphics look nice, but is this just a watered-down Panzer Corps?

Also, is Slitherine going to just continue milking the PzC UI and game mechanics?

Regardless, this will be a day one purchase, as I support Slitherine and a Wargame that looks visually appealing

One man's watered-down Panzer Corps is another man's "can't wait" game. I own every Panzer Corps and DLC and, like many here, will make this a day one purchase. I'm not trying to be critical, but so long as they are making good games and people are buying them, I don't get your issue.

jomni

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on May 03, 2014, 07:32:46 AM
I must say, this would be a really really exciting release if it had a modern OOB. Imagine modern jets and helicopters, AAVs, LAVs, etc. sort of like the old game Semper Fi.

Like People's General.  ;)

Steelgrave

Quote from: jomni on May 04, 2014, 12:32:14 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on May 03, 2014, 07:32:46 AM
I must say, this would be a really really exciting release if it had a modern OOB. Imagine modern jets and helicopters, AAVs, LAVs, etc. sort of like the old game Semper Fi.

Like People's General.  ;)

Thank you! For the life of me, I could not recall the name of that game!

Swatter

#58
I loved People's General!!!

As for OoB Pacific, this is a must buy as long as the campaigns are comprehensive and well done.

mirth

People's General was pretty friggin awesome.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus