Main Menu

Airship Dragoon?

Started by Jarhead0331, October 30, 2013, 06:55:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

DennisS

Quote from: jomni on August 28, 2014, 05:15:22 PM
From my limited time of play, my best tip is to not leave your troops in the open after your turn. 
Hiding behind cover during the enemy turn is more effective than leaving action points for opportunity fire.

Here's a question. I saw one video where one dragoon was about 200m out from his target, with a 61% chance to hit. Does this hit percentage go up as you get closer, or is it fixed, based on weapon type, and training of the dragoon?

The reason I ask is that it appeared that there sure were a lot of VERY long range kills going on..easily in the several hundred meter range over open sights, and no optics. This just ain't gonna happen, in real life.

Queeg

Quote from: DennisS on August 28, 2014, 10:10:28 PM
Quote from: jomni on August 28, 2014, 05:15:22 PM
From my limited time of play, my best tip is to not leave your troops in the open after your turn. 
Hiding behind cover during the enemy turn is more effective than leaving action points for opportunity fire.

Here's a question. I saw one video where one dragoon was about 200m out from his target, with a 61% chance to hit. Does this hit percentage go up as you get closer, or is it fixed, based on weapon type, and training of the dragoon?

The reason I ask is that it appeared that there sure were a lot of VERY long range kills going on..easily in the several hundred meter range over open sights, and no optics. This just ain't gonna happen, in real life.

Odds increase as you close the range. 

jomni

#47
Yep. Odds increase in close range like in other tactical games.

The observaton is correct. Long range fighting is brutal. Thats why  I recommend saving enough action points to hide at the end of your turn. Not sure about realism. This is a fantasy game so I don't mind.

Steve_Yorkshire

Just to point out, Airship Dragoon has been updated to version 1.5.2.
Full details including the changelog are here: http://yorkshirerifles.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/airship-dragoon-updated-and-on-direct.html
There's also a patch out for 1.4.8 or later (scroll down)
If you're using the Realism_Mod, it's also had an update and the new version is required to work with v1.5.2. It is now activated in game via Options->Mods. See patch link above.

If you're using Steam it should auto-update (and Realism_Mod is included here for ease of use). Desura will also autoupdate but might take a day or two to go live. Everywhere else should have the new version for download.

Once more unto the breach!

Oh, and someone did a rather amusing Machinima of it. Worth a chuckle or two.  ;D


One Bloke ... In His Bedroom ... Making Indie Games - Creator of Airship Dragoon www.YorkshireRifles.com

Boggit

Great news Steve. :) I'll get my update in a jiffy. Will it affect my current campaign?

BTW I loved the video, particularly the guy at 1:16 with the radio controlled watering can! :2funny:
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Steve_Yorkshire

Boggit, I am glad to announce that campaigns are always safe!
Wouldn't want to knacker up anyones 200 hour gaming session - least of all my own! ;)
One Bloke ... In His Bedroom ... Making Indie Games - Creator of Airship Dragoon www.YorkshireRifles.com

Steve_Yorkshire

Website back up for links now. Looks like half of Red China wanted to update their pirated copies and ate all my months bandwidth. ;)
One Bloke ... In His Bedroom ... Making Indie Games - Creator of Airship Dragoon www.YorkshireRifles.com

Steve_Yorkshire

One Bloke ... In His Bedroom ... Making Indie Games - Creator of Airship Dragoon www.YorkshireRifles.com

W8taminute

Looks really good Steve.  I'll have to check out the new update.  I really enjoyed the last update and this one sounds just as good.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk