Clockwork Empires Steampunk game laden with WTF?

Started by undercovergeek, October 31, 2013, 05:35:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Bletchley_Geek

Quote from: Dread Rlyeh on July 21, 2014, 11:51:10 PM
Quote from: Bletchley_Geek on July 21, 2014, 08:38:52 PM
I didn't see them hunting any wildlife, I am not sure that was because they were being thrifty about their firearms or because the AI has still to be programmed to consider that as an option.
The work crews have the hunting option turned off by default.  IIRC, it is the second option from the right.  After I set my militia to hunt, they engaged the local wildlife. 

ALL HAIL <won't pronounce that name, just in case>!

Your voice didn't melt my brain or anything, so I have a chance to give it a try :)

Quote from: Dread Rlyeh on July 21, 2014, 11:51:10 PM
I played for about an hour as well and would also classify CE as a 'work in progress'.  I had some errors (resulting in a crash) related to patrol waypoints and also wasn't able to get my workshop sawing planks (despite queuing them up), I had to manually select each bundle of logs and chose the 'plank' option. 

I wondered myself as well what was going on with the production of manufactured goods - like planks. Indeed, we got just a proof that they're for real, let's check it in a couple weeks. Although you might want to check on those colonists sooner, just in case some other deity from beyond stars claims first dibs on them and their descendants!

Dread Rlyeh

Quote from: Bletchley_Geek on July 22, 2014, 12:00:38 AM
Quote from: Dread Rlyeh on July 21, 2014, 11:51:10 PM
Quote from: Bletchley_Geek on July 21, 2014, 08:38:52 PM
I didn't see them hunting any wildlife, I am not sure that was because they were being thrifty about their firearms or because the AI has still to be programmed to consider that as an option.
The work crews have the hunting option turned off by default.  IIRC, it is the second option from the right.  After I set my militia to hunt, they engaged the local wildlife. 

ALL HAIL <won't pronounce that name, just in case>!

Your voice didn't melt my brain or anything, so I have a chance to give it a try :)

Quote from: Dread Rlyeh on July 21, 2014, 11:51:10 PM
I played for about an hour as well and would also classify CE as a 'work in progress'.  I had some errors (resulting in a crash) related to patrol waypoints and also wasn't able to get my workshop sawing planks (despite queuing them up), I had to manually select each bundle of logs and chose the 'plank' option. 

I wondered myself as well what was going on with the production of manufactured goods - like planks. Indeed, we got just a proof that they're for real, let's check it in a couple weeks. Although you might want to check on those colonists sooner, just in case some other deity from beyond stars claims first dibs on them and their descendants!
The forum wouldn't let me register with a ' in my username.  Probably some sort of safety feature to prevent intersection with a hell-dimension :) 


Bletchley_Geek

Just a quick comment on the devs - I do really like their sense of humor and their transparency about the status of the game and the development priorities.

They do have really awesome standards when it comes to the latter

http://clockworkempires.com/development.html

stuff like the above is simply brilliant: with so much Early Access titles out there, with so little transparency about issues critical to credibility, the example set by Gaslamp Games does really stand out.

fabius

Quote from: Bletchley_Geek on July 23, 2014, 07:33:19 PM
Just a quick comment on the devs - I do really like their sense of humor and their transparency about the status of the game and the development priorities.

They do have really awesome standards when it comes to the latter

http://clockworkempires.com/development.html

stuff like the above is simply brilliant: with so much Early Access titles out there, with so little transparency about issues critical to credibility, the example set by Gaslamp Games does really stand out.

:o Their attention to detail on presenting status progression is unsurpassed  O0

This is one I have my eye and may pick up for something different.

steve58

Impressions from RPS...and looks like it'll be available early-access on Steam tomorrow.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MengJiao

#52
Quote from: steve58 on August 14, 2014, 01:29:18 PM
Impressions from RPS...and looks like it'll be available early-access on Steam tomorrow.

and entirely optional villager bios tell of their hopes, fears, histories and politics.

Exactly and Victoria Bronzecog has a list of (topics or objects or mental quandries above her memories) including Mrs. Smith's Stout Lugs as well as Labourer and Gossip.