War Thunder - Ground Forces

Started by Nefaro, November 02, 2013, 10:43:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nefaro

I'm not looking forward to this near as much as the naval side of things, but I'm still curious as to how differently they've modelled the tank battles in the 'ground forces' side of WT, due to be out sometime before Christmas. 

One thing I've enjoyed about WT's Air Forces 'MOBA', compared to WoWP, is the damage modelling.  While it still needs more individual platform tweaking, it's just more realistic than the arbitrary Hit Points situation in the Wargaming.net titles.  Sure, you can get the occasional nasty one-shotting in WT but you also don't have Health Bars.  I know.. the Health Bars in WoT/WP are there for extra balancing purposes but it doesn't help immersion IMO. 

I guess we'll find out how it plays in the next month or so. 

There were some recent screenies released from the beta, in this thread:

http://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/48225-ground-forces-work-in-progress/page-118


FlickJax

nice another tank game for me to get addicted too :)

RooksBailey

I am really interested to see what they deliver.  And really, really interested to see what effect it has on WoT.
"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway

Nefaro

Add me to your respective Friends Lists on War Thunder, name is "Nefaro". 

Maybe we can get some flights grouped up on occasion.  Tag team noobs.  ;)

SgtRock

Some youtube videos, No arty so far but, it does have aircraft and mobile AAA. The graphics look real nice. Too early to tell if it's any better than WOT.


Flak Panzer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5VxVIj1HJ8

Stug
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lks-PNnwt9Y

GDS_Starfury

that looks loads better then WoT.  lots more detail on the tanks and terrain.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


Silent Disapproval Robot

Nice.  I just got rockets for my Typhoon 1b/late.  Can't wait to blow up some tread-heads.

GDS_Starfury

well if they have that little Flakpanzer Im sure somewhere theyll have a Wirblewind.  8)
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


Silent Disapproval Robot


GDS_Starfury

we have many ways to shoot down planes.









Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


Silent Disapproval Robot

I hope they start adding night missions.  I'm dumping my RP into the Lancaster after I get my Tempest.