Video games blow movies away for 2013 revenue: $100 Billion vs. $10 Billion.

Started by MuzzyDev, November 08, 2013, 02:52:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDS_Starfury

very good point.  and since this is Grogheads and we supposedly play wargames once in a while I'll mention that I got W:ALB and W:EE for a total of $25 through Steam.  this shows 2 failing of the console.
1. theres shit for wargames on consoles.
2. ya aint buying that much fun for $25 with a console.

strangely the company that makes W:ALB is the same that made Ruse.  one of the very fery rts games I had fun playing on a console.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

W8taminute

One comment I'll make on the keyboard vs. controller scheme.  For me I find using a controller to move my character and perform coarse aiming in an FPS is much easier to do than with a keyboard.  When it comes time for sniping or pinpoint accurate shots however, I prefer to use a mouse. 

Moving the character using the WASD is technically challenging for me but the sticks on the controller make this easy for me. 

I have to agree though that for deep war type games or consims you are not going to find much on a console.  Curiously though, I can play a wargame very skillfully using a keyboard and mouse combo than I can with a controller.  I'm being serious here too because I wanted to test to see if it was possible to port wargames to consoles using controllers only.  It was a dismal failure.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

eyebiter

Grimnirsson

QuoteI'm being serious here too because I wanted to test to see if it was possible to port wargames to consoles using controllers only.  It was a dismal failure.

Try EndWar on the 360, great voice control via commands to your troops  8)
Homefront Wargame Center - supporting our hobby!

www.homefrontcenter.de