If you want my Friday, you've got it!

Started by MetalDog, November 15, 2013, 07:01:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smittyohio

Continuing to watch videos, read rules, etc and try to learn World in Flames.

Also probably play a few scenarios in Combat Mission Beyond Berlin.   I almost pulled the trigger on the CMBN series this week in spite of the DRM, but held off since I have so much of the CMx1 still under-played.  But my resolve is weakening, especially since I'm going to upgrade my machine before long, and move most of my gaming to Win7.  Then my machine spec should be stable for me to not be as concerned about licensing issues.  Man, that's a stupid thing to have to think about.

Sir Slash

I'll be leading the armies of Seleucia to victory over the Persians in the east and Bynithia in the west in Rome 2. With an occasional Skyrim break-- man that place has got a problem with bandits or what.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Silent Disapproval Robot

I'm kind of in a bleh mindset for PC gaming right now so nothing's really calling out.  I did just buy Survivor Squad from Steam after watching a quicklook video on Giantbomb.  Looks like it could be the kind of thing I'd enjoy until I get the motivation back to play deeper stuff again.

Nefaro

Quote from: GJK on November 15, 2013, 07:21:00 AM
Punching and clipping counters for several games of Twilight Struggle this weekend.  I've owned the game for years but have never played it surprisingly.  A very interesting documentary on PBS covering JFK and the Cold War that was on the other night piqued my interest in the subject matter and hence the gaming selection for the weekend.

Been wanting to get that for awhile, but it would scare off any potential opponents I may have at the moment.  Plus it's limited to 2-player so extra opportunities lost.  :'(

GJK

I might write up a little AAR in the board gaming section for the group if it looks like it would be entertaining enough.
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

bob48

I'm really enjoying Decisive Campaigns, thanks to JD  :)
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Wolfe1759

Having not played it for 6+ months I've started a new game of Torchlight II this time with the All in One Vanilla Expanded Mod, also just picked up Ghost Divisions for Conflict of Heroes so I'll be playing a bit of that an possibly some Fallen Enchantress and/or Civ V.

"In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill." - Winston Churchill

Steelgrave

Pandora, 7 Days to Die, Pandora, Rome II and maybe some Pandora   8)

Steelgrave

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on November 15, 2013, 09:33:10 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 15, 2013, 07:14:31 AM
Other than that, I need to finish working on my nanny cam system. It rocks!

the Jarhead nanny cam:

LMAO!!! Probably too true!

-budd-

switching back and forth between flashpoint campaigns and command ops and throwing in some serious sam hd the first encounter for a brainless change of pace.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Arctic Blast

Planning to mess around with Planetside 2 and see what I think of it. Might get to some XCom as well.

Toonces

FSX.

And I have this strange desire to fire back up CK2, which I haven't played in a while.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

MetalDog

Quote from: Toonces on November 15, 2013, 07:40:23 PM
FSX.

And I have this strange desire to fire back up CK2, which I haven't played in a while.

If we work the time difference, I'll MP CKII with you.  If you're interested.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Tuna

Poor MD needs some MP action.. I might have to come out of my FSX coma and do some Warlocking with ya..

MetalDog

Quote from: Tuna on November 15, 2013, 11:45:21 PM
Poor MD needs some MP action.. I might have to come out of my FSX coma and do some Warlocking with ya..

Appreciate the thought.  I would love to.  Might have a goodly amount of time immediately following Thanksgiving.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob