If you want my Friday, you've got it!

Started by MetalDog, November 15, 2013, 07:01:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smittyohio

Quote from: Nefaro on November 18, 2013, 07:52:40 AM
Quote from: Kushan on November 17, 2013, 10:47:16 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on November 17, 2013, 08:06:36 PM
If Blizzard hadn't fvckhorned the loot system to feed their new action house bullshit, in the PC version, it would've been better too.   >:(  Whadda bunch of jerkfaces.

I read something about them planning on changing the current loot system on the PC version, but I'll believe it when I see it.  If I ever bother loading it up again.

Its already been confirmed. The AH house is going away sometime in the spring (march I think) and the PC is getting the new loot system with the expansion patch around the same time. I don't share the hatred for Blizzard that many others do for them adding the AH. After playing Diablo 2 for many years, I understand exactly what they were trying to do. They've admitted their mistake, and are looking to rectify it. Even with the flaws, I still think Diablo 3 is one of the best PC games out today.

It wasn't their adding of the AH.  It was Blizzard's bullheadedness in forcing everyone to stay logged in, supposedly in order to use it.  Even worse, they intentionally lowered the levels of their loot drops so that your characters are forced to use the AH in order to trade for items appropriate for their character level.  In other words, they made the loot drops far below your character's level simply to push you into using the damn thing.  That's just terrible design and players had every right to be pissed at the for it.  Obviously they came to this realization at some point, although I don't know if they actually came out and admitted they were wrong for doing something so dickish.

They more or less admitted it was a mistake, and that it detracted from the player experience for many players, shifting the focus away from finding loot to finding gold to pay for loot.

My biggest frustration came from the ridiculous prices people were charging for good loot.  The amount of money in the economy was *way* higher than should have been possible without the RMAH, where people could buy gold.   I mean, if you can farm a million gold an hour, how in the world can someone afford to pay BILLIONS for something.   So, true to real life, the addition of new money into the economy just created extreme inflation.

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on November 15, 2013, 10:19:39 AM
Quote from: undercovergeek on November 15, 2013, 09:33:01 AM
i would like to start CMANO, i would like to start BFTB (thanks JD) and i would like to start a new campaign in Rome II with Radious mod switched on - none of this will happen until i have purged the world of communists of nazis as Mussolini

Rome II with Radious
  ARMAIII "as is"
  Flying Colors (board game)
  And something else...probably

Aas it turned out I played Flying Colors, Skyrim and CLOD.  A very satisfying assortment.

Gusington

Wound up starting Castlevania (not bad) and the Wings demo (pretty damned fun). Did not get a chance to start the new Dracula/Wallachia AoE II campaign, will probably do that this week unless I get totally immersed in Bioshock: Infinite...which I hope to :)

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Martok

Finally got some time in playing Distant Worlds: Shadows yesterday (Wekkarus campaign).  I don't think I'll ever cease to marvel watching the privately-owned ships in my empire flying around doing their own thing.  It's just too cool. 

Quote from: MetalDog on November 17, 2013, 09:09:19 AM
Woke up yesterday morning and turned on my computer.  Got a Steam notice that three of my friends were on Steam playing games at 7am (Bart on Civ V and Martok on FE:LH) along with one other friend playing Age of Empires III.  I played a lot of that MP with some friends in the last few years, but not for about nine or ten months.  So I hit my buddy up and he told me he was going to get some zzzz's and then we would play when he got up.  Just as we were loading up to play, one of my old buddies I played all that AoE with called, so, it was three versus the computer.  Took a bit to get back into the hang of it, but, once I did, it was ass kicking time!  The funniest part was when my first friend accused me of having an overwhelming advantage in the game due to the experience of the profile I was using. There was nothing I could do to convince him it was just my experience and my awesomeness ;)
Nice!  Sounds like it was a good time, MD.  :) 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Sir Slash

I got lost in Skyrim- again. Spent the weekend cleaning-out Deep River Redoubt and the attached Hag's End dungeon and walked away with more loot than Lydia and I could carry.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.