Started by Windigo, November 16, 2013, 07:30:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Bigglesworth

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; "
- Shakespeare's Henry V, Act III, 1598

Windigo

Quote from: Mr. Bigglesworth on November 17, 2013, 01:51:37 PM
Cool avatar Windy.

thanks... not sure if I found it while I was oogling Fine! or WTF??? is with this snow already?

How'd you fair down in windy city?
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Mr. Bigglesworth

I aint goin out in that shit. Nice and warm here.

Windigo

Quote from: Mr. Bigglesworth on November 17, 2013, 11:06:35 PM
I aint goin out in that shit. Nice and warm here.

spent the AM shoveling out the street parking, a path to the back alley parking/garbage cans and the backyard... (dogs need places to pee)

helped a few people get out too...

I watched one woman high centre herself pushing snow in her CRV ... had to curb that inner voice that snorted in contempt about 'women drivers'

meanwhile my Philippine neighbours are learning fast, leaving their car wwipers up over night, sanding/salting the walkways, shovelling snow on to their property and not onto the street where it just makes it difficult for them to pull into and out of their spaces

Airborne Rifles

Back to talking about the carrier...I hadn't realized how much the Russians have been modifying the Kiev class carriers for the Indians.  They took this:

An turned it into this:

The new incarnation can carry up to 24 Mig 29Ks, not an insignificant amount of air power.

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Windigo

Mr. Bigglesworth

Quote from: Airborne Rifles on November 18, 2013, 01:37:22 PM
Back to talking about the carrier...I hadn't realized how much the Russians have been modifying the Kiev class carriers for the Indians.  They took this:

An turned it into this:

The new incarnation can carry up to 24 Mig 29Ks, not an insignificant amount of air power.

Why not have 2 full length runways, one on each side of the island? One for takeoffs, one for landings.

GDS_Starfury

have you ever seen Indians drive?
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Mr. Bigglesworth

Seriously, in general, why don't carriers have that configuration?

GDS_Starfury

thats getting a little to big for an easily deployed ship.  keep in mind that all US Navy ships have there size limited by both the Suez and Panama canals.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gusington

Interesting I did not know that...

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Windigo

haven't you read that bit about how ancient roman roads determined the size of the space shuttle?

http://www.astrodigital.org/space/stshorse.html

GDS_Starfury

the technology is there to make a carrier the size of a supertanker but why?  its to big, it couldnt get anywhere quicky and you would have to many eggs in one basket.

mirth

Quote from: Airborne Rifles on November 18, 2013, 01:37:22 PM

An turned it into this:

That's amazing. Just looking at it, you could have easily convinced me it was refurbed Kuznetsov-class.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus