Prison Architect Does Not Suck

Started by bboyer66, November 18, 2013, 09:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

bboyer66

 Having spent over 100 dollars the past month on BF4 and X-Afterbirth, the game I find myself playing the most is the one I bought on a whim for 15 dollars, Prison Architect.
 
Lots of enjoyment to be had building a prison and keeping it properly staffed. The first time you have a riot in the laundry room and 2 guards get killed by shanks, you know shit is for real yo. Or when you have a prisoner escape by tunneling out of his jail cell Andy Dufresne style.

Still technically in Alpha, this game is more polished then a lot of games have been on release recently.

Check it out



bboyer66

 Was on sale, on Steam, not long ago.

undercovergeek

did you see the halloween easter egg?

LongBlade

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

bboyer66

Quote from: undercovergeek on November 18, 2013, 09:51:07 AM
did you see the halloween easter egg?

Yes, all your prisoners dancing in the yard to Michael Jackson's Thriller. Pretty cool

Gusington

^ I can't believe you just gave that away!

Are there modes to build prisons in different time periods or are they all contemporary?
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

spelk

#7
Don't forget to keep an eye out for a rather tawdry prisoner nicknamed 'spelk'. :)

See @9:53 minutes in here:


bboyer66

Quote from: Gusington on November 18, 2013, 06:25:53 PM
^ I can't believe you just gave that away!

Are there modes to build prisons in different time periods or are they all contemporary?

It only worked during Halloween so its not like anyone could see it anymore.

Its a modern Prison Gus. Of course you can build the prison to your liking making it how you like. No TV, no pay phones, no pool tables, no yard, etc.

bboyer66

Quote from: spelk on November 18, 2013, 06:51:43 PM
Don't forget to keep an eye out for a rather tawdry prisoner nicknamed 'spelk'. :)

See @9:53 minutes in here:



Right to solitary confinement if he ever shows up in my game.

Gusington

Ah so we can make prisons how we see fit...finally!
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Dolan50

I think I'll wait for the Gulag or concentration camp DLC.  :)
A Corporate Executive,a Democrat and a Republican walk into a room.The CEO walks in first and notices 10 cookies on a plate and pockets 9 of them,then turns to the Republican and whispers in his ear  and says "The Democrat is trying to steal your cookie".

BanzaiCat

Right now on Steam it's $30 for that early access. Spend $50 and you get to name a prisoner and fill in a bio.

I could see some shankadelic wargame aficionado going postal at a game store. That would be fun to write up.

Mr. Bigglesworth

Quote from: Dolan50 on November 19, 2013, 09:59:43 AM
I think I'll wait for the Gulag or concentration camp DLC.  :)

or the GITMO DLC.
"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; "
- Shakespeare's Henry V, Act III, 1598

Nefaro

Quote from: Mr. Bigglesworth on November 19, 2013, 03:43:02 PM
Quote from: Dolan50 on November 19, 2013, 09:59:43 AM
I think I'll wait for the Gulag or concentration camp DLC.  :)

or the GITMO DLC.

We want them to suffer, not be pampered with such niceties as cable television and soccer fields.  :P