Buy/Win Gears of War Weapon Replicas for Charity

Started by bayonetbrant, November 18, 2013, 06:54:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

Epic Games is holding a fundraiser for a local girl who was seriously injured in a hit-and-run accident

http://www.wncn.com/story/24003278/epic-games-holds-auction-to-help-injured-insomniac-games-artist

A local video game illustrator was seriously injured in a hit-and-run accident last week, and now the Triangle's gaming community is coming together to help with her medical bills.

Ana Kessel, an interning artist with Insomniac Games in Durham, was struck by an unlicensed driver on Nov. 11. She was driving her motor scooter on Rock Quarry Road when she attempted to make a left turn onto Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard and was hit by Michael Deontea Jones.

Jones initially fled the scene of the collision but was later arrested and charged with felony hit and run, and driving without a valid license.

Meanwhile, Kessel was transported to WakeMed where she had to have one of her legs amputated.

To help with her medical bills, friends and family established a GoFundMe campaign to raise $150,000.

In addition, Cary-based Epic Games is auctioning off replica guns from their highly popular game franchise "Gears of War" to help Kessel.

"It's great to see the human spirit do great things in such a tragedy," said Josh Marlow, with Epic Games.

The company is auctioning three autographed Lancers on eBay with the proceeds going toward Kessel's medical bills.

All three auctions end Nov. 22.

So far, Kessel's GoFundMe campaign has raised more than $45,000.

auction pages here:  http://www.ebay.com/itm/181262423967?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Staggerwing

There's no way I could swing an auction bid but I'd like to donate. I'm just a little leery of doing so without Paypal.

We should pool our resources and donate something together from Grogheads. I'll put up something if you guys will. One of the mods can do the final donation directly to the site.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys