Tank Operations: European Campaign

Started by Silent Disapproval Robot, November 22, 2013, 01:11:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silent Disapproval Robot

I got my weekly "25% off that doesn't actually apply to any game you'd like to buy" voucher from GMG this morning.  When I went to the site to see what was new and on sale, I saw a game called Tank Operations: European Campaign on for $14.99

I'd not heard of it before.  It looks like it might be a light, turn-based war game along the lines of Panzer General.  Anyone know anything about it?

I did a very cursory web search for it but didn't come up with anything really detailed, mostly just various websites re-posting the press release (which was light on detail).

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/ca/en/pc/games/strategy/tank-operations-european-campaign/#item-s10

WallysWorld

I looked into this game earlier this week and found a Youtube video about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgOQczdAuZ4
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

Silent Disapproval Robot

Thanks Wally.  Gave me a good enough overview to decide not to buy for the PC.  Looks like it might be decent as phone/tablet game though.

bayonetbrant

Longblade and I had a chat about it one day.  Aside from touting themselves as "historical" while also parking aircraft carrier off of North Africa, it looked like it me be a bit of fun :)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Apocalypse 31

Don't even bother. Misses the mark in so many aspects.

Personally, the fact that the games scale is unknown and confusing is only the icing on the cake.

jomni