Main Menu

Space Hulk

Started by bob48, November 26, 2013, 03:57:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob48

Version 1.3 now downloading with various bug fixes and enhancements, plus 2 new DLC campaigns are available @ £3.99 each, old money  ;D
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Nefaro

I've still not even started Space Hulk since picking it up on a sale two or three months ago.  :-\   

My spending habits have gotten so far ahead of my playing habits that I'm booked for the distant future.  :(  I suppose this is better than not having anything interesting to play!

Gusington

^Or not being able to buy anything.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

BanzaiCat

I bought Wargame: EE and Airland Battle when they were on sale four weeks or so ago...and only tonight did I fire it up to play the first scenario.  :-\

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

BanzaiCat

^ Me, of Wargame: EE? Pretty cool, actually. Being able to zoom in on a Leopard and watch as it crushes fences during movement and leave tracks is a great touch. I liked the firefights; very satisfying booms and explosions. I lost a Leopard in that first scenario but that's because I didn't mind the flank as well as I should have...freaking anti-tank missiles. I like that my forces automatically engage and aren't 'stupid' waiting for me to direct everything; sometimes they start firing at targets that I hadn't seen pop up yet...which causes me a twinge of panic when I hear that klaxon sound go off and go 'where the hell is that coming from? Oh...you bastards, I'll show you!'

Nefaro

Why are you playing EE if you have AirLand Battle?  I thought it was universally considered better in most every way.

Steelgrave

I see that Space Hulk is on sale at Steam. Is the game worth it at this time?

BanzaiCat

Quote from: Nefaro on November 27, 2013, 09:37:03 PM
Why are you playing EE if you have AirLand Battle?  I thought it was universally considered better in most every way.

I only downloaded the one. I haven't even downloaded ALB yet. I thought EE was the first one, and they were sold in a bundle, so I went with the first one.

JasonPratt

Quote from: Steelgrave on November 27, 2013, 10:10:51 PM
I see that Space Hulk is on sale at Steam. Is the game worth it at this time?

Yes, although I'm not sure about the extra campaigns. Also, squad management is non-existent, but that may mirror the original board game.

Arguably, the original SH computer game adaptation is still better in several ways. But this was a noble effort!
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!