"The" Holidays Game Sale Damage Thread

Started by -budd-, November 27, 2013, 11:41:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Slick Wilhelm

Quote from: steve58 on December 23, 2013, 10:15:54 AM

$30 for Steam and Iron: Russo-Japanese War?  I thought it was $35.  Is there a discount for Steam and Iron owners or was this a beta tester discount?  Thx...

You are correct, sir. I have edited my post.  :)

PanzersEast

Added 7 Grand Steps to the list.... have been waiting for it to drop and now it is -70% $4.44


PE

Arctic Blast

Quote from: PanzersEast on December 23, 2013, 02:11:56 PM
Added 7 Grand Steps to the list.... have been waiting for it to drop and now it is -70% $4.44


PE

Yep, I grabbed that as well. And Ace Patrol : Pacific Skies for less than a dollar. And Blackguards for $12.49 last night.

Slick Wilhelm

Ok then, let's add another $24.99 for the WOFF skin pack. Total damage is $120 now. Still need to add those two Scourge of War titles, though.

I've been good all year, so it's ok to splurge a little at the end of the year, right?  :P

Silent Disapproval Robot

Quote from: Arctic Blast on December 23, 2013, 05:18:42 PM
Quote from: PanzersEast on December 23, 2013, 02:11:56 PM
Added 7 Grand Steps to the list.... have been waiting for it to drop and now it is -70% $4.44


PE

Yep, I grabbed that as well. And Ace Patrol : Pacific Skies for less than a dollar. And Blackguards for $12.49 last night.

LEt us know how Blackguards is.  I was thinking about picking it up.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Slick Wilhelm on December 23, 2013, 08:02:26 PM
Ok then, let's add another $24.99 for the WOFF skin pack. Total damage is $120 now. Still need to add those two Scourge of War titles, though.

I've been good all year, so it's ok to splurge a little at the end of the year, right?  :P

Considering this myself....did it add a lot in your opinion?

BanzaiCat

Just bought Picket Duty, Attack Wing, and Swing States 2012 off of Amazon for moi. More damage but I'm happy about getting one of the last copies of Picket Duty!

Nefaro

Quote from: -budd- on December 23, 2013, 12:38:03 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on December 23, 2013, 12:08:44 AM
You actually play all those games on an Intel integrated video card?!  :o  Some of those must be like a slideshow.  :-\

surprising not, the play has gotten better as the drivers have improved. I usually look real close at the specs, some i have to dial back more than others. I have 8 gig's of ram and check to see what games use when i play. The most the graphics have grabbed is 1 gig and the graphics can use up to 1.70 gigs for graphics. You'll notice alot of the games i buy aren't the lastest and greatest, I'll never be playing skyrim or anything with a min. needed of 1 gig in the graphics department. I do a demo whenever possible. I just reinstalled steam this Feb. after not having it for 5 years as i was still playing on a p3 single core 1 gig processor with 512 of ram until i got this laptop, which was a gift. Once my responsibilities grow up i'll get my gaming rig ;D  the games which are 4 or 5 years old i can usually dial up to the top of the graphics food chain.

The video memory isn't the biggest performance hump, but the power you get from the separate dedicated video card processor.  I know most spec requirements just list vague video card makes with specific memory listed but there can be a big difference even between different cards.  Not having a dedicated processor has probably improved lately due to all the extra CPU cores that our games don't bother using - it allows Intel to utilize the extra core(s) sitting idle to double as a gfx processor.  A good side effect of gaming software not keeping up with all full capabilities of having multiple CPU cores!  ;) 

I'm glad they've managed to capitalize on the situation and make what was once a dreadful death sentence to PC gaming (Intel integrated graphics) somewhat viable.

Nefaro

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on December 23, 2013, 08:22:29 PM
Just bought Picket Duty, Attack Wing, and Swing States 2012 off of Amazon for moi. More damage but I'm happy about getting one of the last copies of Picket Duty!

Is Picket Duty sold out already?!

Glad I picked one up.  I've been flipping out about such short tabletop game runs that they seem to go out of print in no time these days.  I've tried to grab some of the ones I wanted while the gettin' was good.  :-\

Grim.Reaper

I have been pretty tame so far....

$9 Title Bout Boxing
.80 Sid Meir's Pacific Game
$8 Walking Dead
$11 Splinter Cell Blacklist Deluxe Version (kind of surprised to find it this cheap)



PanzersEast

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on December 24, 2013, 08:14:40 AM
I have been pretty tame so far....
$11 Splinter Cell Blacklist Deluxe Version (kind of surprised to find it this cheap)

Where did you find it at that price?


PE

undercovergeek


Grim.Reaper

Quote from: PanzersEast on December 24, 2013, 08:18:02 AM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on December 24, 2013, 08:14:40 AM
I have been pretty tame so far....
$11 Splinter Cell Blacklist Deluxe Version (kind of surprised to find it this cheap)

Where did you find it at that price?


PE

I bought it from the cdkey shop Kinguin, which I used in the past.  They always have good prices.  This version does require uPlay (UBIsoft's game manager), does not use Steam.  No big deal to me since I have a few other games that require uPlay anyways.  Received my game key instantly and now downloading.  It is a huge download (19-20 GB) and with my slow internet speed, it will take nearly a day to download:(  If you buy it, make sure to read the activate license page to see how to do it correctly.

http://www.kinguin.net/category/2050/tom-clancy-s-splinter-cell-blacklist-digital-deluxe-ubishop-download/


Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on December 24, 2013, 08:14:40 AM
I have been pretty tame so far....

$9 Title Bout Boxing
.80 Sid Meir's Pacific Game
$8 Walking Dead
$11 Splinter Cell Blacklist Deluxe Version (kind of surprised to find it this cheap)

Ok, maybe I am picking up steam now:)  Also just added Tomb Raider (always wanted to try) from Amazon for only $5.