"The" Holidays Game Sale Damage Thread

Started by -budd-, November 27, 2013, 11:41:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Shelldrake on November 29, 2013, 06:43:03 PM
I might pick up Panzer Corps: Afrika Korps from Matrix since I had fun with the beta. Shadowrun Returns is tempting me too. so far $0 spent - maybe I have beaten the addiction! ;)
lol - not likely!
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Nefaro

#46
Between Noble Knight's store-wide sale and some Ebay bids, I've probably dropped about $250 to $350 on tabletop gaming goodness.   I think most of the stuff I got at Noble Knight was around 22% off but I've been extremely satisfied with their prompt shipping and the good condition of a couple used games I got from them - one of which actually had a whole extra game in the series included in it just because they obviously didn't have the box to the second one (so I essentially got the guts of the second for free).  I just wish their website was easier to browse - you usually need to do a store search and dig through the results.

Not really much in the way of digital gaming.  I've only spent about $35 on the Steam sale for myself.  I actually spent more money on gifting Steam games to others.

PanzersEast

Still holding at:

Prison Architect    $14.99
Sanctum 2 DLC     $ 1.58


Don't think I am purchasing anything else, nothing on Wishlist getting any cheaper.....  but will probably get the FE:LH - The Dead World DLC for $ 2.49. 


PE

republic

I bought:

Prison Architecht: $15.00
Trine Collection: $5
Teleglitch:  $4 I think

I have pretty much everything else I'd like...though if Arma 3 drops below $40 I might pick that up....and I might get the Bioshock Infinite Season Pass.

ComradeP

Shelldrake: I can highly recommend the DMP Afrika Korps mod. It's in German, but from what I've read about the Panzer Corps expansion, the DMP mod is better (and free). Their other mods are great too. The new Pazifik Korps mod (1 campaign released thus far) has texts and briefings in English and is enjoyable as well (I've just started it and I'm playing the fourth mission, and the maps are so big that you can easily get at least 25 hours from a single campaign according to DMP. Seeing the size of the Shanghai map, I don't doubt that).

Aside from that, I'm also playing the Hungarian campaign mod for Panzer Corps.

Not really sure how or why, but I keep coming back to these Panzer General like games from time to time. It's just a lot of fun to play through a well-made campaign, and the DMP campaigns (their East Front campaigns, Winter War and now Pazifik Korps) are really good.
The fact that these people drew inspiration...and then became chicken farmers - Cyrano, Dragon' Up The Past #45

Grimnirsson

QuoteI might pick up Panzer Corps: Afrika Korps from Matrix

We did and it's great fun, for 10 bucks anyway. We are thinking about getting the Wehrmacht base game as well... later ;)
Homefront Wargame Center - supporting our hobby!

www.homefrontcenter.de

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

GJK

Quote from: Nefaro on November 29, 2013, 10:26:46 PM
Between Noble Knight's store-wide sale and some Ebay bids, I've probably dropped about $250 to $350 on tabletop gaming goodness.   I think most of the stuff I got at Noble Knight was around 22% off but I've been extremely satisfied with their prompt shipping and the good condition of a couple used games I got from them - one of which actually had a whole extra game in the series included in it just because they obviously didn't have the box to the second one (so I essentially got the guts of the second for free).  I just wish their website was easier to browse - you usually need to do a store search and dig through the results.

Not really much in the way of digital gaming.  I've only spent about $35 on the Steam sale for myself.  I actually spent more money on gifting Steam games to others.

Share with us what ya got!
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

Silent Disapproval Robot

I was going to buy Crysis 3 but I changed my mind because I still haven't finished 2 and I don't really like Origin.  I bought Call of Juarez: Gunslinger instead.

Staggerwing

I went a little nuts and bought a bunch of Avalanche Press stuff:


  • Great War At Sea: Cruiser Warfare
  • Second World War At Sea: Strike South
  • Great War At Sea: Zeppelins
  • Great War at Sea: Pacific Crossroads
  • Second World War At Sea: Midway

Even with my Gold Membership discount on top of the already deep discounts I've pretty much blown my holiday gaming stash. I have no idea why I'm so drawn to these GW/SWW at Sea games since I already own about 13 of the boxed ones and at least 9 supplements but have yet to actually play any of them against anyone else. Yet there is is....  :-\
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Toonces

AAAAAhhhhhh!!!  I just bought Euro Truck Simulator 2 with the Goin' East DLC on Steam!  I can't stop myself...I have an addiction to computer games.

SOMEBODY INTERVENE AND SAVE ME!!!111!ONE!!
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

steve58

Not too bad (yet).  So far only the Civ V Scrambled Nations DLC, the four Fallen Enchantress Legendary Heroes DLCs and the Go East Euro Truck 2 DLC for a grand total of ~$16, but I'm hearing the siren call from the Matrixgames sale. Probably going to pick up CC Panthers in the Fog, World at War A World Divided (and maybe Panzer Corps Afrika Korps) and lastly Space Engineers if it goes on sale at Steam.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Staggerwing

Quote from: Toonces on November 30, 2013, 08:20:01 PM
AAAAAhhhhhh!!!  I just bought Euro Truck Simulator 2 with the Goin' East DLC on Steam!  I can't stop myself...I have an addiction to computer games.

SOMEBODY INTERVENE AND SAVE ME!!!111!ONE!!

Pfft.
Stop causing a ruckas in the opium den...

:D
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

JasonPratt

I broke down (further) and bought First Eagles 2, and then Steam's Rise of Flight edition plus most of their DLC (not the Ace pack or the D.VIII pack).
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people