"The" Holidays Game Sale Damage Thread

Started by -budd-, November 27, 2013, 11:41:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Tuna

Been all FSX all the way... haven't even looked at the other sales (I'm sick I know)

Aerosoft Twin Otter Extended
FS Dream Team JFK Airport
Orbx - FTX: NA Blue USA/Canada Pacific Northwest
Orbx - FTX: NA KORS Orcas Island

Toonces

Same here, Tuna!

I got:

GTX ($30)
PHNL + Hawaii Airports vols 1 and 2 ($43)
Airport Hires texture pack (can't remember what the exact title was) ($12)
Megascenery Hawaii ($2.50)
B377 Stratocruiser with Captain of the Ship (~$40)
Aerosoft PBY-5 ($? like $12?)
Catalina Island scenery (free)
Leonardo Maddog ($20)

Ooff...Looking at it, that's actually quite a bit of money!   :-[
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Tuna

Quote from: Toonces on December 03, 2013, 10:45:50 PM
Same here, Tuna!

I got:

GTX ($30)
PHNL + Hawaii Airports vols 1 and 2 ($43)
Airport Hires texture pack (can't remember what the exact title was) ($12)
Megascenery Hawaii ($2.50)
B377 Stratocruiser with Captain of the Ship (~$40)
Aerosoft PBY-5 ($? like $12?)
Catalina Island scenery (free)
Leonardo Maddog ($20)

Ooff...Looking at it, that's actually quite a bit of money!   :-[

You got the PBY for 12!!! You gotta share your stores! What is GTX?

Toonces

C'mon man, you gotta pay attention.  I keep posting these sales up!

GTX is a ground vehicle enhancement by FSDreamteam.  I've only barely touched it, but so far it seems to add a ton of activity around your jet.

http://www.pcaviator.com/store/product.php?productid=19931&cat=0&page=0&featured=Y

You gotta wait for it to go on sale again, now.  I checked and I got it for $27 so you have to wait for a Christmas sale.

I was wrong on the PBY, I got that for $27; you can still get the boxed version on sale at FS Pilotshop:

http://www.fspilotshop.com/aerosoft-pby-catalina-boxed-p-2156.html



"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

ComradeP

And I thought the average FPS game had a fair amount of DLC nowadays! Flight sims look like a microtransaction cash cow for the developer.
The fact that these people drew inspiration...and then became chicken farmers - Cyrano, Dragon' Up The Past #45

Tuna

Quote from: Toonces on December 03, 2013, 11:55:58 PM
C'mon man, you gotta pay attention.  I keep posting these sales up!

GTX is a ground vehicle enhancement by FSDreamteam.  I've only barely touched it, but so far it seems to add a ton of activity around your jet.

http://www.pcaviator.com/store/product.php?productid=19931&cat=0&page=0&featured=Y

You gotta wait for it to go on sale again, now.  I checked and I got it for $27 so you have to wait for a Christmas sale.

I was wrong on the PBY, I got that for $27; you can still get the boxed version on sale at FS Pilotshop:

http://www.fspilotshop.com/aerosoft-pby-catalina-boxed-p-2156.html

LOL it's GSX.. I passed because I thought it was a lot to pay for lil people.. I was tempted though!!

And I saw the PBY at 27  ;).

Milviz has planes at 5 dollars lower now if you don't use their money back guarantee.. but around this time last year they had a sale, so still holding out..

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Rayfer

Quote from: ComradeP on December 04, 2013, 01:36:57 AM
And I thought the average FPS game had a fair amount of DLC nowadays! Flight sims look like a microtransaction cash cow for the developer.

LOL...looks to be true....and they aren't cheap!

Greybriar

Quote from: Greybriar on November 28, 2013, 07:38:54 PM
So far, I've only bought Faster Than Light from GOG.com for $3.39. That price didn't last long and it's priced at $9.99 now.

Update: I couldn't resist picking up Trine 2: Complete Story from GOG.com for $2.99 (I already owned Trine, so I got an 85% discount).

A total of $6.38 "damage" so far.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

BanzaiCat

$7.49 for Skyrim. That's it so far. There certainly will be more come Christmas Day, though!

steve58

^...and before Christmas, we get the Steam Holiday sale starting Dec 19th.  Hope to see some better deals than their Autumn Sale.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

sandman2575

Quote from: steve58 on December 04, 2013, 03:06:31 PM
^...and before Christmas, we get the Steam Holiday sale starting Dec 19th.  Hope to see some better deals than their Autumn Sale.

Am I the only one who thinks it's kinda weird that Steam's "Autumn" Sale just ended, and a whole new "Holiday" sale is about to start 2 weeks later ?

Hard to imagine what the "Holiday" sale will offer that the "Autumn" sale didn't ...  Why not just have one big Holiday sale for the 3-4 weeks leading up to Xmas or something - ?

undercovergeek

look at the previous 8 pages of people that bought stuff they would normally not have done - this will happen again in 3 weeks!

sandman2575

Stop the madness!   Think of the children!   Something something etc.!

Silent Disapproval Robot

Quote from: sandman2575 on December 04, 2013, 03:13:13 PM
Quote from: steve58 on December 04, 2013, 03:06:31 PM
^...and before Christmas, we get the Steam Holiday sale starting Dec 19th.  Hope to see some better deals than their Autumn Sale.

Am I the only one who thinks it's kinda weird that Steam's "Autumn" Sale just ended, and a whole new "Holiday" sale is about to start 2 weeks later ?

Hard to imagine what the "Holiday" sale will offer that the "Autumn" sale didn't ...  Why not just have one big Holiday sale for the 3-4 weeks leading up to Xmas or something - ?

Human psychology I'd guess.  Keep the sales up for too long and it becomes a routine and I'd bet sales drop off.  Take the sale away, let the anticipation build and launch another one, ring the bell and we all start drooling again.