WCNAW?

Started by Tomlok, November 29, 2013, 10:44:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomlok

Hi

Does anyone have NWS WCNAW?

cheers

Ubercat

I probably don't but I own a ton of games so your abbreviation may just be flying over my head. You might have gotten an answer by now if you spelled it out. What is it?
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

Tomlok

Hi

Sorry

NWS: Warship Combat Navies at War

Cheers

Ubercat

Ah, I don't have it. Sorry.
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

Nefaro

I own WCNAW.

It kinda reminds me of how a tabletop naval minis game would play out.   It plays out like a turn-based tabletop game, so I like it for that reason.  It has a random battle generator and an easy editor for making your own.  I believe there are a good amount of user-created battles available on their forum for download too.

There's a lot of variety to be had since it contains ships from WW1 to WW2.   Don't expect a fancy look or interface.   I like Steam & Iron better than WCNAW but S&I is meant to be run as more of a real-time game even though it's based on quick turn-like pulses.  WCNAW is nice because it's turn-based so you don't have to constantly jockey time controls.  Did I mention that there are a lot of ships in WCNAW?  :D