MetalDog's special Black Friday Edition Friday Thread

Started by Toonces, November 29, 2013, 02:02:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toonces

Because fresh Friday threads are always fun.

I'm fully geeked out in FSX.  I'm not even going to list anything else.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

undercovergeek

i will be playing some HOI III and having a first dabble/tutorial glancing turn on Fallen Enchantress:LH

Started the air tutorial on CMANO, im 17 mins into the game but i like it so far!

Arctic Blast

I'll likely be playing quite a bit of Buying games : the game this weekend. So rather than playing them, I'll be downloading them.  ;D I also got a board game order in yesterday that needs to be punched out and sorted.

I see a lot of prepping to play games, but not a lot of actual game playing, this weekend.

And then snow-pocalypse hits on Sunday-Monday for the 2nd time already this winter. Weeeeee!

Martok

I've pretty much just been playing Rome 2 thus far, with a dash of BOTF thrown in.  I keep eying CK2 sitting on my desktop, but haven't pulled the trigger just yet. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

undercovergeek

had an hour of Fallen Enchantress LE - i know im immerssed and enjoying a game when i cant wait to get to the right research levels to open up deeper parts of the game - i rushed and got battered by bandits, without a leader the bandits rampaged my town - end of game - must take it easier, but loved every minute

Kushan

Did my turn against Baloogan in our current Command MP game. Playing a hypothetical 1950's Battle of the Corral Sea (US/UK/NATO vs the USSR) scenario.

Also played a little over an hours worth of Baldurs Gate EE. Picked it up on Steam. Never played either of the Baldurs gate games. Still not sure what I think of it. Can see where a lot of the influence for Dragon Age came from. But I think from a story and mechanics perspective, DA falls flat for me, here's hoping BG doesn't do the same.

Not sure what I'm going to fire up next, trying to decide between Skyrim, FC:RS, Xenonauts or some Diablo 3....or maybe pick up State of Decary on the Steam sale. Decisions, Decisions..... :o
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

GJK

My plan - get games after they've been out for a while and get them cheap.  Picked up CM:SF + Marines module for $25 and have been having a blast with it.  My 15 yr old really likes it as well (it allowed me to install it on 2 PC's).  We watched "Black Hawk Down" (again) today and have been playing some scenarios covering MOUT op's in urban settings against UNCON units (Taliban, etc).  So I first played CM:SF years ago when my brother bought it and let me borrow a license.  Hated it.  I couldn't get used to the controls, the camera, nothing.  Got killed instantly.  Now, after a gazillion patches, they seem to have it down pretty good and man, are we enjoying it.  I understand that they will be updating it to "CMx2" standards as well (whatever that is). 

I also have a CMBB pbem game going and always look forward to those turns.

Commands and Colors: Ancients is on the table for tomorrow.  PRAYING that we get to some ASL on Sunday.

Very much looking forward to processing turns for the Grogheads Forum Based Twilight Struggle game as well.
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

MetalDog

Fixin' to load Warlock again shortly.  Really want to play something else, too.  Not sure if there's time or opportunity.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

PanzersEast

Just finished X-Com: Enemy Within so moving on.....

CK2 : Game of Thrones Mod
FE:LH
Prison Architect
EU IV
ARMA III
Dominions IV
Shogun 2

Who know what else.....

PE

MetalDog

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

MetalDog

Just watched the official video.  A bit tongue in cheeky.  "Turtle war."  Certainly a must get.  Wonder if maybe LB will get an advanced copy he could send my way.  I'd even write an AAR or review for his generosity.

undercovergeek

blimey - just lost 2 hours to FE:LH - its a time sink alright

Martok

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces