Histwar: LG becomes Histwar Napoleon

Started by undercovergeek, December 04, 2013, 10:05:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

mikeck

#75
Are you experiencing sound issues with the new patch? Before they were fine...muskets were crisp. Now it's very echoey...like I'm listening in a metal barrel

Also, if anyone is interested, there is a "Peninsula war" mod and a "Waterloo" mod. Not user if they still work with histwar: Napoleon or only histwar:Lee Grognard.

http://www.histwar.org/mods/category.php?id=14
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

ArizonaTank

How is the AI in the new version?  The big limitation with HGLG was that the computer would build a dynamic battleplan at the start of the scenario, but then never change it, despite what was happening on the field.

Am wondering if this has been fixed.

Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: ArizonaTank on December 16, 2013, 05:44:13 AM
How is the AI in the new version?  The big limitation with HGLG was that the computer would build a dynamic battleplan at the start of the scenario, but then never change it, despite what was happening on the field.

Am wondering if this has been fixed.

Hasn't changed from what I read yet, but I believe ai improvements are planned for this version at some point this year in their roadmap.


mikeck

I have been trying to figure this game out but the tutorial is a disaster. At this point, I have one question:

Is it possible for me (in solo player mode) to draft an order to be sent out via courier to a subordinate unit? Similar to Scourge of war where you select from a list of text
1. Marshall Mikeck
2. Move your corp to this location
3. Form you corp into columns
4. Attack the enemy to your front at 0900 hours

Something like that where you issue orders that are sent out by aids as opposed to simply clicking on a unit and then clicking on a location.
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

mikeck

"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Skoop

I believe there is some text dialog that pops up when you give an order.  If you play with command delays then you have to make sure you have aides de camp available which can be intercepted.  It's not quit as detailed as the scourge of war one but similar effect. 

mikeck

#82
Ok, thanks.

What is the method most people use to issue orders?  Clicking on a . Corp commander and using the menu? or using dispatched orders. If I do the former, do I still need aids de camp? Manual is incredibly unclear on this
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: mikeck on December 26, 2013, 04:15:36 PM
Ok, thanks.

What is the method most people use to issue orders?  Clicking on a . Corp commander and using the menu? or using dispatched orders. If I do the former, do I still need aids de camp? Manual is incredibly unclear on this

I haven't played a ton yet, but I don't recall seeing a dispatched orders command.....I only saw by using the menus.  But maybe I just missed it.  So far in my limited play, I use orders to the corp by the menu.


Grim.Reaper

And in case you missed, they now have a demo available for folks on the fence...

http://www.histwar.com/game/demo.html

agathosdaimon

Oh cool, thats good as the new version is quite expensive.

One thing i wish is that for such a good and serious napoleonic warfare game as this, that it was named something better than Histwar - it is such an unattractive word for such a glorious era, always just makes me think of the word histamine. Thats an idle thing really though and not one that puts me off the game of course

mikeck

Sorry for the thread necromancy...but has anyone heard anything about Histwar:Napoleon lately. I bought it back in December and the patches were coming out fast and furious. Forums were active and things looked good. About mid January everything just stopped. No real forum activity and no new patches. I don't speak French so I can't read JMMs blogs not the French threads.

I want to start getting into this game but I felt it still needed a few more patches...has it died?
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Dolan50

I couldn't get the demo to download from that site and went here-
http://www.histwar.org/mods/file.php?id=243

It says Demo05e2 and I have downloaded it.

Is this the current Demo?
It states that it was updated Jan.06,2014.
A Corporate Executive,a Democrat and a Republican walk into a room.The CEO walks in first and notices 10 cookies on a plate and pockets 9 of them,then turns to the Republican and whispers in his ear  and says "The Democrat is trying to steal your cookie".

Skoop

Quote from: mikeck on February 17, 2014, 09:59:34 PM
Sorry for the thread necromancy...but has anyone heard anything about Histwar:Napoleon lately. I bought it back in December and the patches were coming out fast and furious. Forums were active and things looked good. About mid January everything just stopped. No real forum activity and no new patches. I don't speak French so I can't read JMMs blogs not the French threads.

I want to start getting into this game but I felt it still needed a few more patches...has it died?

I think there's a major update due as per the original timeline.  I think this next update is going to have the upgraded UI.  It does seem to need to bake a little longer.  I saw a thread about the peninsular war oob from grognards working in the new game.