Histwar: LG becomes Histwar Napoleon

Started by undercovergeek, December 04, 2013, 10:05:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Skoop

Chelco's blog has some new pics of this up, looks really convincing for a purchase.

Skoop

The histwar forums has a pic of the new work in progress UI.  Looks really good and clean, and has a nice oob tree of the selected unit.  Sounds like they improved the mouse controls which might be huge if that is true.

Grim.Reaper

Really thinking of purchasing tonight....but....if receiving a response for my forum access equals how long it will take to get my game from them, just makes me hesitate.  Too bad their service is like this.

mikeck

Is it available via digital download? If so, why would you need to "wait" for the developer to do anything?
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: mikeck on December 07, 2013, 05:13:47 PM
Is it available via digital download? If so, why would you need to "wait" for the developer to do anything?

Pretty sure during the original release the developer sent out emails with info versus automated.  Not sure if that is still the case, but just assumed.  I would be glad to be wrong.

mikeck

Hmmm....not sure. Seems to be unnecessarily complicated if that's the case.
I played the demo and I remember just downloading from a "download" button
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: mikeck on December 07, 2013, 05:19:53 PM
Hmmm....not sure. Seems to be unnecessarily complicated if that's the case.
I played the demo and I remember just downloading from a "download" button

Right...but for the game you need a key sent.  Pretty sure I read some blogs that it took some people a day or so to receive.  Could have changed with the new version...

Skoop

I think when you purchase you get the download email link automatically ( check your spam filters).

The whole issue with forum access approval is a separate issue, JMM has to manually approve your account so there is a delay.  He stated that it is like this due to site hackers gaining access then flooding the forums with spam. 

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Skoop on December 07, 2013, 05:26:26 PM
I think when you purchase you get the download email link automatically ( check your spam filters).

The whole issue with forum access approval is a separate issue, JMM has to manually approve your account so there is a delay.  He stated that it is like this due to site hackers gaining access then flooding the forums with spam.

That's great if that has changed from what I read of other peoples experience.....I do know this is separate from the forum access, although if that also wasn't an issue I could be asking the developer directly:)

Grim.Reaper

By the way skoop, if you already have forum access over there would be great to create a post over there stating how some potential customers are viewing the painful process and lack of clear information:). Maybe will get them to check their email:)

magnus

 I posted last night about the hoops and confusion people are worried/asking about and it is not only on this forum.

I was sent my serial keys for both games in my email after buying them.

The confusion on the download may have been that the game was offered for sale about two weeks before you were able to download and play it.

The game itself was less than $50 when I bought it. I am not sure if the price went up at all after it was released.

If you buy the least expensive version you get the game and all updates for it until it is no longer being updated. All the other options are just to try and raise money to keep the games coming.

It is exactly like kickstarter, but here you actually get a game when you buy in. The other levels give you the ability to get into the development forums and various other perks.

mikeck

#41
Deleted
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: magnus on December 07, 2013, 05:49:11 PM
I posted last night about the hoops and confusion people are worried/asking about and it is not only on this forum.

I was sent my serial keys for both games in my email after buying them.

The confusion on the download may have been that the game was offered for sale about two weeks before you were able to download and play it.

The game itself was less than $50 when I bought it. I am not sure if the price went up at all after it was released.

If you buy the least expensive version you get the game and all updates for it until it is no longer being updated. All the other options are just to try and raise money to keep the games coming.

It is exactly like kickstarter, but here you actually get a game when you buy in. The other levels give you the ability to get into the development forums and various other perks.

Thanks Magnus, appreciate you speaking up for us over there.....just hate to see lost sales purely based on confusion.

Grim.Reaper

Well, based on the info about the game being available immediately, I went ahead and ordered.  Looks like they have some good things planned for year so thought might as well jump in and start learning along the way.  I did receive my game links immediately, which I am downloading the game now.

I'll post some screen shots and impressions as soon as I have had a chance to play a bit....

undercovergeek