Look! Over that hill! It's...FRIDAY!!!

Started by MetalDog, December 06, 2013, 07:18:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

mirth

Quote from: Bison on December 06, 2013, 10:14:10 AM
Quote from: mirth on December 06, 2013, 10:13:22 AM
Quote from: Bison on December 06, 2013, 09:35:59 AM
SWTOR

+1 I'm hooked now. Friggin game is like crack.

I don't think we are talking about the same game.  KOTOR  and SWTOR are two different games.

I know. I finished replaying KOTOR weeks ago. I was still in a SW mood so I did a sub for SWTOR. Been playing for about a week. I rarely do MMORPGs, but I am hooked on SWTOR right now.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

PanzersEast

No shortage of things to play..... at the moment:


  • Speedball 2 HD
  • Starbound
  • FE:Legendary Heroes
  • SoTSL The Pit
  • CK2: Game of Thrones Mod



Have many many more games setting on my desktop, who knows what else I could play or play instead of.....



PE

Greybriar

What PC game will I be playing this weekend? I'm not really sure. I've been burned out on this and bummed out on that and I have hundreds of games in my gaming backlog. Perhaps I'll play a bit of XCOM or X-COM. Or maybe some Civilization (I, II, IV, or V--I didn't care much for III). Master of Magic is always a possibility. Or perhaps I'll buy something new and spend the entire weekend learning its ins and outs.

In short, I really don't know which PC game(s) I will be playing this weekend.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

SgtRock

A few more turns of War in the East and some GuildWars 2.

LongBlade

I've been holding back starting X Rebirth. I need to take the plunge but I hear it's complex and for some reason the cold I'm fighting has dampened my enthusiasm.

I have raised Orcs Must Die! 2 from it's digital grave and have tried some new strategies on some old levels which appear to be very productive.

Also am expecting some phat loot to arrive from FFG's massive boardgame sale and I may have to bust one of those open. But that's for another thread, I guess.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

JudgeDredd

RAF Battle of Britain boardgame AAR - completing it. I'm looking forward to finishing the AAR so I can crack on with a Campaign. The game is great and the rules are superbly laid out
Battlefield 4
Crysis 3
Splinter Cell Blacklist
Tomb Raider

All new purchases...and that's all
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Bison

Quote from: mirth on December 06, 2013, 10:22:13 AM
Quote from: Bison on December 06, 2013, 10:14:10 AM
Quote from: mirth on December 06, 2013, 10:13:22 AM
Quote from: Bison on December 06, 2013, 09:35:59 AM
SWTOR

+1 I'm hooked now. Friggin game is like crack.

I don't think we are talking about the same game.  KOTOR  and SWTOR are two different games.

I know. I finished replaying KOTOR weeks ago. I was still in a SW mood so I did a sub for SWTOR. Been playing for about a week. I rarely do MMORPGs, but I am hooked on SWTOR right now.

Awesome.  What server?

mirth

Quote from: Bison on December 06, 2013, 01:40:36 PM
Quote from: mirth on December 06, 2013, 10:22:13 AM
Quote from: Bison on December 06, 2013, 10:14:10 AM
Quote from: mirth on December 06, 2013, 10:13:22 AM
Quote from: Bison on December 06, 2013, 09:35:59 AM
SWTOR

+1 I'm hooked now. Friggin game is like crack.

I don't think we are talking about the same game.  KOTOR  and SWTOR are two different games.

I know. I finished replaying KOTOR weeks ago. I was still in a SW mood so I did a sub for SWTOR. Been playing for about a week. I rarely do MMORPGs, but I am hooked on SWTOR right now.

Awesome.  What server?

Jedi Covenant.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

skeptical.platypus

I am fairly sure that Flashpoint Campaigns is going to consume me this weekend. My wargaming dna was birthed in Red Storm Rising, which birthed the sub game of the same name (irrc), to Gunship2000, to M1 Tank Platoon, to TOAW, so FC:Red Storm sure looks like the game I've wanted to play for years. (If Command Ops does coldwar or modern day, I'm likely to discharge inappropriately.)

Xenonauts demo, Xcom, and Simcity4 likely alternates.
The Law of Unintended Consequences, Seattle Pride Variant: The only city on the planet that can guarantee your purchase of recreational marijuana is from a stoner making $15/hr.

Nefaro


Bison

Quote from: Nefaro on December 06, 2013, 02:17:15 PM
Quote from: Bison on December 06, 2013, 09:35:59 AM
SWTOR

I just started dipping my toe back into this, too.

It's really come a long way and I find it to be quite enjoyable.

mirth

Quote from: Bison on December 06, 2013, 02:27:09 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on December 06, 2013, 02:17:15 PM
Quote from: Bison on December 06, 2013, 09:35:59 AM
SWTOR

I just started dipping my toe back into this, too.

It's really come a long way and I find it to be quite enjoyable.

I've been pleasantly surprised by it.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Nefaro

#27
Quote from: Bison on December 06, 2013, 02:27:09 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on December 06, 2013, 02:17:15 PM
Quote from: Bison on December 06, 2013, 09:35:59 AM
SWTOR

I just started dipping my toe back into this, too.

It's really come a long way and I find it to be quite enjoyable.

I'm finding it difficult to start back up since there have been new character abilities added.  So buying the training for them on all my higher-level characters has zapped my in-game credits (and they weren't very high to begin with!).   I'd be completely broke if it wasn't for unlocking an achievement yesterday that granted me an extra 100kCr when buying abilities.  >:(

It still looks to be mostly the same, other than all the unlockable stuff (of which there are quite a bit).  I've not tried the new starship pvp though, nor checked out the differences in the regular pvp.  I expect that to be where the endgame fun is and they've surely added to it since I last played.

Bison

Yeah I guess it depends on what you are looking for in the game.  I'm not much into PvP, so that isn't really a huge draw for me.  I haven't tried the space combat yet, but I've read some good things about it.  Personally I just really enjoy the storylines and now it's just the loot grind to improve on my mod slots and such.  Typical MMO stuff.

Nefaro

Quote from: Bison on December 06, 2013, 02:40:48 PM
Yeah I guess it depends on what you are looking for in the game.  I'm not much into PvP, so that isn't really a huge draw for me.  I haven't tried the space combat yet, but I've read some good things about it.  Personally I just really enjoy the storylines and now it's just the loot grind to improve on my mod slots and such.  Typical MMO stuff.

I look to MMO PvP as a good change from the solo grind and where to look for some edge-of-the-seat fun.  I do enjoy the solo PvE - it's usually kinda relaxing, oddly enough.