As I approach post #1000

Started by GJK, December 07, 2013, 10:33:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GJK

As I approach post #1000 here on Grogheads, my mind begins to wander:

• What BS was there that I had so much to talk about?
• Why am I often a "thread killer"?
• Why do these guys tolerate me? I mean, why do I tolerate these guys?
• Is what I post here actually read by more than just Staggerwing and Judge Dread?
• Why do I snicker and roll my eyes when the PC gamers talk about how much fun they had playing silly little space games or games with monsters, orcs, trolls or dragons?
• Perhaps I am the best wargamer on this message board. No, I AM the best wargamer on this message board, I just have played against any of these guys yet to prove that.
• Why do I only have one little Gold Box next to my profile? And what they hell does that gold box mean anyways?  Surely it's not a popularity thing.
• Will this thread reach 36 pages like that damn "Rome2" thread?
• When will the sub-40yr olds here learn that Call of Duty and Battlefield aren't real wargames?
• Back to those silly little space and dragon games, isn't this a place for WARGAMING?  Just saying.
  • Is there really a flight simulator/tank shooter that makes you purchase additional planes and tanks?  Silly twits.
• Do I really want to be spending so much time on a forum that has but not one female member?  Do I really?
• Why is the Tabletop Gaming section below the kids' Computer Gaming section and why isn't the Boardgaming board the most popular one here?

But most of all, I wonder....

Let me get back to that thought, just got IM'd on facebook.

• Edit: Why does this silly thing have to let the world know that I can't spell or I had a change of mind about what I posted by saying "Last edit....".  I want these geeks here to think that I'm perfect in every post that I make.
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

LongBlade

Not sure why you only have one gold box. You should have several by now.

That fact that you're only now getting up to 1000 posts demonstrates you're not only a bad wargamer, but also not a real wargamer.

If dragons are so silly, why did the military name the M-47 ATGM after them?
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

bob48

Actually, non of this is real.

You are in a coma after dropping the boxes containing all your ASL stuff over the floor.

We are but figments of your tortured imagination............
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

GJK

Quote from: LongBlade on December 07, 2013, 10:37:30 AM
Not sure why you only have one gold box. You should have several by now.

That fact that you're only now getting up to 1000 posts demonstrates you're not only a bad wargamer, but also not a real wargamer.

If dragons are so silly, why did the military name the M-47 ATGM after them?

But you have no gold boxes sir and I don't care if you "administer" this place. 

Perhaps I've only reached 1000 (almost) because I actually am off PLAYING WARGAMES and not just flapping my lips about them, or er, poking at my keyboard about them.

The military also named their new Willy Jeep a "Humvee".  Doesn't convince me that they know how to name things properly. Yes, it's their "New" Jeep.  Damn thing came out after I left the service so it's new to me.
----------------------
----------------------

-Dean Vernon Wormer

GJK

Quote from: bob48 on December 07, 2013, 10:40:51 AM
Actually, non of this is real.

You are in a coma after dropping the boxes containing all your ASL stuff over the floor.

We are but figments of your tortured imagination............

And you sir are also a one gold-box geek who could only dream of having as many ASL counters as I do!
----------------------
----------------------

-Dean Vernon Wormer

Staggerwing

*Chuckle*

For the record- The community consensus on what to call the 'gold boxes' is 'cheeses'. Not sure what we should call any other colors yet.

I used to have more cheese but I guess we're both just one-cheese wonders now...
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

MetalDog

Welcome to that time sink called, Grogheads.  Here you will be able to realize your full potential for getting along with people with similar likes and tastes in many areas of your life.  Soon, you will find yourself thinking of Grogheads even when you are doing normal, every day activities offline.  If left untreated, you will become unable to function unless connected to Grogheads through one of the various devices you can use to access this site.  You may go now, but, be assured that you WILL be back.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

GJK

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on December 07, 2013, 10:47:38 AM
he has been assimilated.

23,000 plus posts??? Jesus H. Christ son, do you ever have the time to get laid???
----------------------
----------------------

-Dean Vernon Wormer

GJK

Quote from: MetalDog on December 07, 2013, 10:46:33 AM
Welcome to that time sink called, Grogheads.  Here you will be able to realize your full potential for getting along with people with similar likes and tastes in many areas of your life.  Soon, you will find yourself thinking of Grogheads even when you are doing normal, every day activities offline.  If left untreated, you will become unable to function unless connected to Grogheads through one of the various devices you can use to access this site.  You may go now, but, be assured that you WILL be back.

I'll be back?  Who the hell said that I was leaving?   >:( >:( >:(
----------------------
----------------------

-Dean Vernon Wormer

Staggerwing

I think he means leaving to try and get any housework or needed errands done. They're all irrelevant distractions anyway.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

bob48

Quote from: Staggerwing on December 07, 2013, 10:44:11 AM
*Chuckle*

For the record- The community consensus on what to call the 'gold boxes' is 'cheeses'. Not sure what we should call any other colors yet.

I used to have more cheese but I guess we're both just one-cheese wonders now...

Blue Cheese.

We did have several more cheese boxes until we took up arms in the TS affair. Now we are reduced to but one, and I assume
the other bunch of reprobates our Soviet opponents are also suffering from cheese depletion.

Truly, the thought of your massed boxes of ASL counters, maps and rule books send shivers down my spine.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

MetalDog

Quote from: GJK on December 07, 2013, 10:53:54 AM
Quote from: MetalDog on December 07, 2013, 10:46:33 AM

I'll be back?  Who the hell said that I was leaving?   >:( >:( >:(

Quote from: Staggerwing on December 07, 2013, 10:57:23 AM
I think he means leaving to try and get any housework or needed errands done. They're all irrelevant distractions anyway.

Staggerwing is correct.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: GJK on December 07, 2013, 10:52:35 AM
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on December 07, 2013, 10:47:38 AM
he has been assimilated.

23,000 plus posts??? Jesus H. Christ son, do you ever have the time to get laid???

have you met Gus, Mirth and Martok?  or as I like to call them, my three stooges of sin.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

GJK

Quote from: bob48 on December 07, 2013, 10:59:03 AM

Truly, the thought of your massed boxes of ASL counters, maps and rule books send shivers down my spine.

Like THIS......?

----------------------
----------------------

-Dean Vernon Wormer