Shadowrun Returns now on GOG

Started by Shelldrake, December 10, 2013, 04:15:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Shelldrake

"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Nefaro

We waantss the expansion.

.. and a proper Shadowrun PC RPG that uses the full pen & paper system.  (I picked up the 5th edition rulebook recently  :D )

airboy

I was very unimpressed with the game.  I caution people who are not very familiar with the Shadowrun world to think carefully before purchase.  I found the language to be obtuse.  The game play was 100% linear in the early stages at least.

Nefaro

Quote from: airboy on December 10, 2013, 05:34:14 PM
I was very unimpressed with the game.  I caution people who are not very familiar with the Shadowrun world to think carefully before purchase.  I found the language to be obtuse.  The game play was 100% linear in the early stages at least.

Yep.  It was obviously a quick job, finished in just a matter of months.  Tablet level, albeit one of the more extensive ones I've seen.

I grew to love the setting long ago so that's the main reason I enjoyed it.  The game itself is missing so much though.  It's a tragedy that it was given the quick & easy tablet treatment.  :-\

Shelldrake

Enjoying it so far. These days a game that is short enough for me to finish in week or two is actually a bonus!
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Rayfer

Quote from: Shelldrake on December 11, 2013, 01:52:03 PM
Enjoying it so far. These days a game that is short enough for me to finish in week or two is actually a bonus!

That is so true for me too.  Those old Baldurs Gate 2, 100+ hour games, are just way to long to hold my interest through to the end.

Nefaro

I actually wanted it to last longer.  When I had finished the stock mission, I became very sad that I had run into a dead end as far as content.  :-[ 

There looks to be more user-created content out now, but I've not tried any.  I suspect much of it is still not quite finished.

Keunert

would you go and buy it on steam even if it's 5 bucks more than on got, but has this easy to use ucg scheme?
i want to play this on my mac
Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative.
Oscar Wilde

Special K has too much class.
Windigo

BanzaiCat

I bought it on Steam back when it was $19.99. I haven't finished the 'main' campaign yet as I know it's short and didn't want it to end too quickly.

It is indeed very linear, but the storytelling isn't bad at all. Then there's a huge community of support out there making user-made scenarios and campaigns. If you're a Shadowrun fan, you should definitely buy this - I haven't played Shadowrun, the pencil-and-paper RPG, since 1990 or so, but I still have some of my rulebooks and I do enjoy this game. I have a Troll character and am just waiting to get my paws on a mini-gun...

Keunert

i just bought the game. looks like there are already a lot of usermade campaigns.
some of them get very higher ratings than the official campaign.
i am really looking forward to get into this.
Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative.
Oscar Wilde

Special K has too much class.
Windigo

Shelldrake

GOG now has the most recent patch and will have the new DLC expansion in January.
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell