Main Menu

Steam Holiday Sale 2013

Started by steve58, December 19, 2013, 02:33:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Tpek

You should check out GreenManGaming as well.

They've also got a voucher to add on top of any existing discount:
GMG20-ZB5D1-93X49

MikeGER

#16
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on December 19, 2013, 03:57:57 PM
I already own anything that could possibly interest me in the holiday sale.
+1

... but i just got Guns of Icarus for a few bucks (in the a coffee to go range for remaining 2 hours) ...and it looks like fun to crew a ship with some other Grogs here in those Steampunk Sky (in the YT videos i checked before i had hit the button) 

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Arctic Blast on December 19, 2013, 05:26:28 PM
The problem isn't the sale itself...those really are some great deals. The problem is that we're a collection of degenerates that have already purchased everything.  ;D

...yep.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Gusington

Well I still get excited...although I haven't bought anything yet.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Bardolph

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on December 19, 2013, 04:07:37 PM
That's a pretty underwhelming sale. I'd like Bioshock Infinite and Space Hulk, sure, but the rest of it, at least for today...nah.

Is Space Hulk worth a tenner? Is it that much better than Alien Assault other than flashy graphics? I was under the impression it had some issues at launch but I could be remembering wrong.

BanzaiCat

There's a few guys on here that have already discussed its merits more than I could...I'd post links but there's several threads. And if I remember right it had its issues at start but it's been patched and updated a few times since release so maybe it's a better product.

For me it would be. Now if I only had a tenner, I could get it...lol. ;) Hopefully next week sometime, and hopefully it will be on sale again soon.


Bardolph

Heh, yeah I think it was the big thread here that gave me the impression it had some issues actually.

Decisions, decisions... I've still got stuff I haven't even installed from the last sale lol.

son_of_montfort

Quote from: Arctic Blast on December 19, 2013, 05:26:28 PM
The problem isn't the sale itself...those really are some great deals. The problem is that we're a collection of degenerates that have already purchased everything.  ;D

This man wins the prize!
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

ComradeP

I didn't feel the autumn sale was half as bad as some of us feared, there were some good deals.

Until recently, when I was still really into more mainstream gaming, I also had the problem that whenever a sale popped up, I noticed I already owned most of the titles.

Exciting sale or not, it's difficult to argue against 75%-80% discounts saving people a lot of money.

The "there's a sale around the corner most of the time" point is well taken, and also one of the reasons why I'm sort of surprised so many people still buy games at release.
The fact that these people drew inspiration...and then became chicken farmers - Cyrano, Dragon' Up The Past #45

Nefaro

Quote from: Bardolph on December 19, 2013, 10:37:43 PM
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on December 19, 2013, 04:07:37 PM
That's a pretty underwhelming sale. I'd like Bioshock Infinite and Space Hulk, sure, but the rest of it, at least for today...nah.

Is Space Hulk worth a tenner? Is it that much better than Alien Assault other than flashy graphics? I was under the impression it had some issues at launch but I could be remembering wrong.

I've owned that game for over a month yet I still haven't even started it.   :-\

There are at least twenty games I can say that about.  I'm not even sure if I'll ever manage to get around to some of them, especially since my digital gaming has slowed lately.

Fortunately that means that I don't feel all that compelled to buy much more, since I have so much left untouched.   It looks like I'm not the only one!  Makes me wonder how the online PC game retailers are faring this year because there is obviously a noticeable portion of their customers in this situation by now.

FlickJax

got a couple more tables for Pinball FX 2 so far :)

I have more pinball tables than you can shake a stick at :)

SgtRock

Seems like the Fall Sale just ended, I don't get it?

Arctic Blast

Quote from: SgtRock on December 20, 2013, 02:18:31 PM
Seems like the Fall Sale just ended, I don't get it?

That was Thanksgiving. This is Christmas. Pretty much covers it.  :)

FarAway Sooner

Wow.  I didn't see a single title that I wanted on there except for Space Rangers 2: HD.  And, at an underwhelming 20% discount, I'll just content myself with the lower-Resolution format if I really get an itch to play the game again soon...

Toonces

The only things that has caught my eye are Train Simulator and Space Hulk.  I'm not really into trains, but for 80% off, I'm going to check out some Youtube videos to see what the heck is so interesting about driving a train.  Seems like something that wouldn't be real stimulating...
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs