It's beginning to look a lot like FRIDAY!

Started by MetalDog, December 20, 2013, 06:55:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


Martok

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on December 21, 2013, 01:29:16 AM
Im on chat roulette with Mirth.
There's no way anything good can come of that... 
"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on December 20, 2013, 05:17:29 PM
Quote from: bayonetbrant on December 20, 2013, 04:30:27 PM
you'll just have to come back tomorrow and find out ;)

Of course I will be out all day tomorrow:(. Maybe just a little hint:)

http://grogheads.com/?p=3459
you're welcome :)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Shelldrake

"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

MetalDog

In one of those coincidental ways that happen occasionally, when I turn my computer on, Steam notifies me which of my friends are on line and playing a game.  At eight o'clock this morning, Martok, UCG and Grim Reaper were all on.  And each of them was playing Rome II.  Of course, I immediately thought, 'They are playing one another.  Sweet!'  And I hope that was the case.  My second thought was, 'The Rome II thread is like a million pages long and there are three good gamers playing it.  I wonder what I am missing?'  So, it looks like Rome II is on my radar.  Can anyone tell me what the low end specs are for it?  I have XP with a Pentium 4, 2 Gigs of Ram and an NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS.  Willl that do?
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Tuna

probably need a lil more ram... although your system will only support 4 Gig (not even all of it), if it's 32 bit. which most people with XP had..
The Video Card might need a lil more oompfh, though my 14 year old is running it ok on a 9800 GT.. How much Ram does your Video Card have?

Staggerwing

Quote from: MetalDog on December 21, 2013, 09:07:16 AMCan anyone tell me what the low end specs are for it?  I have XP with a Pentium 4, 2 Gigs of Ram and an NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS.  Willl that do?

Probably not so well...  :(  Your probably card came with 256megs of ram and min required is 512.

Min req:
QuoteMinimum:
OS: XP/ Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 8
Processor:2 GHz Intel Dual Core processor / 2.6 GHz Intel Single Core processor
Memory: 2GB RAM
Graphics:512 MB DirectX 9.0c compatible card (shader model 3, vertex texture fetch support).
DirectX®:9.0c
Hard Drive: 35 GB HD space
Screen Resolution: 1024x768



The game runs a bit erratic on my Windows box which has an i3, 4 gigs of ram, and an Nvidia  GT430 w/ a gig of ram.

QuoteRecommended:
OS: Windows 7 / Windows 8
Processor:2nd Generation Intel Core i5 processor (or greater)
Memory: 4GB RAM
Graphics:1024 MB DirectX 11 compatible graphics card.
DirectX®:11
Hard Drive:35 GB HD space
Screen Resolution: 1920x1080
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

MetalDog

Kind of what I expected.  Thanks for the intel fellas.  With Microsoft stopping support of XP in the Spring, I am looking to get a new system.  I've waited this long on Rome II, so, a few more months won't kill me.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Staggerwing

Quote from: MetalDog on December 21, 2013, 09:31:41 AM
Kind of what I expected.  Thanks for the intel fellas.  With Microsoft stopping support of XP in the Spring, I am looking to get a new system.  I've waited this long on Rome II, so, a few more months won't kill me.

You could still grab it if it goes on a crazy sale and park it. It's not like most of us don't have a number of Steam games we don't play even when they do meet our rig's min specs.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

MetalDog

True.  Hadn't thought of that.  My wallet thanks you ;)
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Bison

Metal I think you'd have some serious issues with running the game, because you are just hitting the bare minimums.  It'd play but I think the frame rate would kill the experience unfortunately.

Gusington

I agree it won't run very well but there's no harm in trying it out. Then of course it may run fantastically, or not. If it doesn't, but you like what you see in the short time it runs, that may get you to get a new rig sooner :)
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MetalDog

How fast the new rig gets purchased depends solely on available cash.  Medieval 2 was out for years before I got it, so, a little more time for Rome 2 won't hurt.  Hopefully though, you guys won't be sick of playing it by the time I get proficient enough for MP ;)
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Martok

I was also going to point out that by the time you have the money available to upgrade, there might very well be a Rome II: Gold Edition (or something like it) including all the DLC released so far.  That alone might be worth holding off for (I did that very thing with Shogun 2).  :) 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Martok

Quote from: Martok on December 20, 2013, 02:39:47 PMMy problem at the moment is there's way too many games I'm feeling the urge to play, and nowhere near enough time to play them!  The following games are all calling to me: 

Armada 2526 Supernova:  I wanna get another Volmar campaign going. 
Birth of the Federation:  My Klingon warriors await more glorious battles! 
Civilization IV: Complete:  The game intrigues me, but I've not spent nearly enough time with it. 
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2:  Because one can never have too many Kirov Airships and Apocalypse Tanks.  ;D 
Crusader Kings 2:  I'm feeling a serious need for some hardcore medieval-era drama. 
Distant Worlds: Shadows:  Really wanna try out the new beta patch. 
Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes:  Still kicking ass and taking names with my custom-designed sovereign.  8) 
Pandora: First Contact:  I've played around with it a little since I bought it, but not nearly as much as I want to. 
Rome II: Total War -- of course!
Incidentally, I've managed to spend some time on five of these games so far this weekend:  Armada, BOTF, FE:LH, Pandora, and Rome II.  That's probably about the most I'll get to, though, as I work the next four nights (and Sunday during the day is pretty much already spoken for).  Still, it's better than I usually do! 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces