StarDrive -- 4x "action strategy"

Started by Martok, February 01, 2012, 02:59:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Staggerwing

That would be, IIRC, Emperor's Bane: the Gambit. AFAIK, it's still in, umm... 'early alpha'.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Martok

A couple more comments from Dan regarding Desura backers: 

Quote from: ZeroGuys, where on Desura does it say that you are going have Steam access? I have tried to hand out some keys manually but it's too much of a process right now.  I don't even possess steam retail keys for StarDrive.  Which means I will have to repeat the process with Beta keys and retail keys. Even if it takes me 3 hours to do this, it's 3 hours I can't spare right now. I'm trying to debug some shit and get some features in and it's just crunch time. So please be patient.

I will do what I can to get Desura users steam keys when the release rolls around. For now I have my hands full.
Quote from: ZeroWhat needs to happen is that I will get a big list of keys from Steam, and then the Desura  guys should be able to distribute them to you.
Hmm. 

Quote from: Staggerwing on March 16, 2013, 12:38:30 PM
That would be, IIRC, Emperor's Bane: the Gambit. AFAIK, it's still in, umm... 'early alpha'.
Heh. 

The Minnesota Vikings will win the Super Bowl before a reasonably playable version of that "game" is ever released.  ::) 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Tpek

Quote from: Martok on March 18, 2013, 06:21:33 AM
A couple more comments from Dan regarding Desura backers: 

Quote from: ZeroGuys, where on Desura does it say that you are going have Steam access? I have tried to hand out some keys manually but it's too much of a process right now.  I don't even possess steam retail keys for StarDrive.  Which means I will have to repeat the process with Beta keys and retail keys. Even if it takes me 3 hours to do this, it's 3 hours I can't spare right now. I'm trying to debug some shit and get some features in and it's just crunch time. So please be patient.

I will do what I can to get Desura users steam keys when the release rolls around. For now I have my hands full.
Quote from: ZeroWhat needs to happen is that I will get a big list of keys from Steam, and then the Desura  guys should be able to distribute them to you.
Hmm. 

He seems to consistently dodge dealing with this, and in the while contradicting prior statements.

He said on Desura multiple times that purchasing that will grant immediate access to the game and the finished product.
And as we know already the finished product will be the Steam one.

And 1) It's not 3 hours.
2) Even if it is, then yes he can and should spare them. We paid him for it. Delaying the game's release by 3 hours isn't the wrong course when it's either that
or conning all the previous backers.

Also, both Steam and Desura fully support it. People already answered that to him on his forum. Desura can be used to distribute keys, and Steam specifically states that when
one publishes a game on Steam, Valve supplies any amount of serials needed to give all previous purchasers Steam version access.

panzerde

Quote from: Tpek on March 18, 2013, 11:12:13 AM

He seems to consistently dodge dealing with this, and in the while contradicting prior statements.

He said on Desura multiple times that purchasing that will grant immediate access to the game and the finished product.
And as we know already the finished product will be the Steam one.

I'm going to go ahead and write off my purchase of this game as a bad job and move on. I hear EA is looking for a new CEO; maybe Zero should apply.

"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Huw the Poo

Tpek, did you get anywhere with your refund?

Tpek

I got an answer from Desura alright.
They said that since I paid via PayPal and the order is over 2 months old they cannot refund it.
However they said they are discussing things with the developer, and they offered to replace the game (though I don't know of any other game they have that I want and don't already own and has a similar value :P)

Nefaro

My one experience with Desura CS was outstanding. 

I kinda feel sorry for them because the developer shafted them out of the final release.  Lesson learned, I suppose.

Huw the Poo

Quote from: Tpek on March 19, 2013, 11:59:53 AM
They said that since I paid via PayPal and the order is over 2 months old they cannot refund it.
However they said they are discussing things with the developer, and they offered to replace the game (though I don't know of any other game they have that I want and don't already own and has a similar value :P)

Huh.  Not sure how I'd feel about that if it were me.  I wonder how the length of time since order comes into play...I mean, you bought into an alpha, so by definition you're not going to have a working product to start with!

What does buying via PayPal have to do with it though?

Tpek

Quote from: Huw the Poo on March 19, 2013, 06:51:58 PM
Quote from: Tpek on March 19, 2013, 11:59:53 AM

Huh.  Not sure how I'd feel about that if it were me.  I wonder how the length of time since order comes into play...I mean, you bought into an alpha, so by definition you're not going to have a working product to start with!

What does buying via PayPal have to do with it though?

PayPal won't allow them to issue a refund after 2 months.

Huw the Poo

Quote from: Tpek on March 20, 2013, 01:07:30 PM

Haha!  Lame.  What's stopping them making a new credit transaction?

Nefaro

Quote from: Huw the Poo on March 20, 2013, 02:05:16 PM
Quote from: Tpek on March 20, 2013, 01:07:30 PM

Haha!  Lame.  What's stopping them making a new credit transaction?

I've not dug into the lawyer-speak, but there was some complaining about some big list of policy changes that PayPal did not long ago.  I have no idea whether the time limit was part of that, but some PayPal users were expressing their unhappiness a few months ago.  Something about payment cancellation stuff too..

Huw the Poo

My point is that if they can't use PayPal's refund mechanism after a certain time, why can't they go around PayPal and just pay money back to the customer?

son_of_montfort

Quote from: Huw the Poo on March 20, 2013, 07:23:50 PM
My point is that if they can't use PayPal's refund mechanism after a certain time, why can't they go around PayPal and just pay money back to the customer?

AFAIK, there is a strange thing regarding Paypal usage and future refunds. I've heard the exact same excuse used by other retailers in other situations.

But it is likely just a convenient fiction to cover their butts.
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

mikeck

Aside from those who got screwed in the beta release on desura...is anyone playing this beta??? Looks kinda cool.
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

bbmike

Just noticed that Steam updated my beta. Haven't played it in a while so I don't know where it stands.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak